Old Everton Pictures

1635769982523.png

Tottenham 0 Everton 1 in Oct 1963 at White Hart Lane. Fred Pickering, who scored, is booked by the referee -is this Rovers away kit ? cant recal us playing in socks like this in that era plus the players apart from Fred can't recognise?

1635771183307.png

Short arsp Stan would never reach the crossbar :D neither would he score 60 league goals in one season .....
Stan was the man who created more than 60 goals a season and no way would goal hanger Dean have scored all those goals in later years when laws regarding offside meant half of them would have been scratched due to him spending most of the game swinging from the crossbar lol

Sir Stan was knighted for services to football and communities worldwide. No such an award for the man they called Dixie however :D

Hey Joey we should take our double act on the road. The Stan and Dixie show. Works for me ;)

Stan was the man who created more than 60 goals a season and no way would goal hanger Dean have scored all those goals in later years when laws regarding offside meant half of them would have been scratched due to him spending most of the game swinging from the crossbar lol

Sir Stan was knighted for services to football and communities worldwide. No such an award for the man they called Dixie however :D

Hey Joey we should take our double act on the road. The Stan and Dixie show. Works for me ;)
I know Stan was a great winger, indeed when the other lot had Thompson & Callaghan on each wing Dixie stated gosh - if I would have had those two I would have scored a 100 plus that season lol