Old Everton Pictures

I'm sure our crowds weren't on their own for this. Must have been awful for black players then. Still needs some sorting but back then...... ?

Place was a cess pit in those days. I took myself off the Street End and moved to the Goodison Rd enclosure because of the ignorant crap going on. Wasn't much better in there though.

Racism was, of course, rife throughout the country but I have to say having spent time in Manchester and London in the '70s that Liverpool was among the worst cities.

1634312103216.png

Place was a cess pit in those days. I took myself off the Street End and moved to the Goodison Rd enclosure because of the ignorant crap going on. Wasn't much better in there though.

Racism was, of course, rife throughout the country but I have to say having spent time in Manchester and London in the '70s that Liverpool was among the worst cities.
Nothing wrong with admitting it and changing it. I feel there is no way this would be acceptable at Everton, or indeed in the city in general.

Talking of Crystal Palace - 1971 /72 - @Alan Whittle -

View attachment 142715
Lovely pic @Joey66 but I think that is 72/73. The kit and the dusk ( played in November as opposed to September the previous season). Anyhow, great shot. Philip, Hinshlewood, Craven, McCormick and Taylor for Palace. Recognise Howard and Big Joe for the Blues. Morrisey far right? The crouching fella with the Mungo Jerry sideburns defeats me!

Lovely pic @Joey66 but I think that is 72/73. The kit and the dusk ( played in November as opposed to September the previous season). Anyhow, great shot. Philip, Hinshlewood, Craven, McCormick and Taylor for Palace. Recognise Howard and Big Joe for the Blues. Morrisey far right? The crouching fella with the Mungo Jerry sideburns defeats me!
From Right to Left - Harvey, Royle, Scott, Bernard.