Old Everton Pictures

21st November 1970 Joe Royle beats Lindsay to head home against L'pool (Away} what a day I had in the Kop as the whole Anfield road & thpousands of blues in the Kop[ like me - chanted Champions non stop in the 2nd half as we played that lot off the park .......-they were correct a good few games later we were Champions what a team that was-

1630084512950.png
-

21st November 1970 Joe Royle beats Lindsay to head home against L'pool (Away} what a day I had in the Kop as the whole Anfield road & thpousands of blues in the Kop[ like me - chanted Champions non stop in the 2nd half as we played that lot off the park .......-they were correct a good few games later we were Champions what a team that was-

View attachment 137152-
Lovely words Joey.

Beat them 4-2 at home aswell but still managed to lose one of the most one sided Cup Finals ever . Everton that
I remember years ago Baddiel and Skinner had a show Fantasy Football I think, anyhow at the end of the show they used to bring Jeff Astle(a lovely fella,RIP) on and he would sing an old time chart topper(terribly lol)at which point after Jeffs first syllable of his song, my old fella would turn the channel over usually uttering,"Bloody get, ruined my weekend at Wembley him"lollollol

View attachment 137152-
Joey, it is the November game (1970/71), we were 2 up with 20 mins to play and ... ah, effin 'ell!! What you remember is the March 1970 game we won 2 nil - Joe did score with a similar effort at the Anny Road end (I don't think Lindsay played for the rs that day) and we were Champions come May (69/70).

Joey, it is the November game (1970/71), we were 2 up with 20 mins to play and ... ah, effin 'ell!! What you remember is the March 1970 game we won 2 nil - Joe did score with a similar effort at the Anny Road end (I don't think Lindsay played for the rs that day) and we were Champions come May (69/70).
Doh I was at both Gamex too the swines scored 3 in the last 15 minutes ......I was in the kop that day too - some of their fans left as we were so on top it was a sad game that day ........ Everton fan's were crying .......
I went home and kicked the cat ......& We never had one :rant: