Old Everton Pictures

23rd November 1968. Everton winger Jimmy Husband trying to out think Norman Hunter, at Goodison Park we were undeservedly losing our unbeaten record I was there. - Big Joe scored a fantastic diving header goal for us to equalise only to get beat at the end 2-1 -

View attachment 128421
Cracking player!! Think that might be at Elland Road though because of the amber socks.

1622199392240.png

....I actually played against him when he was old & I was in my early 20s. He was like a brick wall to run into. Very few players hurt you when you collide, but Tony Kay was one of those.
You got to show it never hurt as well that’s the hard part . That’s class that you played against him . Apparently he runs or owns a cafe on Southport prom I took me dad up there to have a cuppa and get photo of them both before lockdown but he was not there that day maybe it for the best he wasn’t there I would never of got me dad out the cafe

You got to show it never hurt as well that’s the hard part . That’s class that you played against him . Apparently he runs or owns a cafe on Southport prom I took me dad up there to have a cuppa and get photo of them both before lockdown but he was not there that day maybe it for the best he wasn’t there I would never of got me dad out the cafe

...he was a terrific player, your Dad is a good judge. Ramsey apparently had him lined up as a key player in the ‘66 World Cup before his ban.