Old Everton Pictures

1613696092925.png

I've often wondered, looking at all these amazing old pictures, just how far our fanbase was spread in the early days. Football has fans travelling from all parts of the UK now but back in the day was the crowd made up purely from Liverpool. I grew up in Formby which has always had a large number of match going fans, but just how easy was that back at the start

I've often wondered, looking at all these amazing old pictures, just how far our fanbase was spread in the early days. Football has fans travelling from all parts of the UK now but back in the day was the crowd made up purely from Liverpool. I grew up in Formby which has always had a large number of match going fans, but just how easy was that back at the start

....I’ve been going since the early 60s and there’s always been a particularly strong Welsh contingent supporting the Toffees. I think that remains the case to this day & long may it continue.

....I’ve been going since the early 60s and there’s always been a particularly strong Welsh contingent supporting the Toffees. I think that remains the case to this day & long may it continue.
Definately, I can remember when I started going the game in the 80s and reading the letters page in the programme and always being amazed that we had fans as far away as Telford. The world seemed a much bigger place when your a kid