Old Everton Pictures

I'd say that you are right. Didn't really believe it anyhow. Saw best a few times (mainly Windsor Park) and he didn't strike me that he was that bothered by anyone. Think everyone knows that Best was not that easily intimidated.
Saw him square up to Russian defenders once in an international match. Took no nonsense.....
And that " riding the chopper Harris attempted hack" was classic George Best.
The Tommy Smith thing was always told in my circles years ago. Never really believed it. But these things tend to snowball. But you are right........a load of nonsense.
Ps........still don't like Tommy Smith though............never did.
I remember Smith saying something similar about his tussles with Leighton James of Burnley, James regularly took this piss out of Smith.
Best would not have been intimidated by anything Smith threatened, he really was world class.

"To play against Dixie Dean was once a delight and a nightmare. He was the perfect specimen of an athlete, beautifully proportioned, with immense strength, adept on the ground but with extraordinary skill in the air" - Matt Busby (pictured right) on Dixie Dean
View attachment 104466
Proud to say I have both of those gentlemens autographs, not the chap in the middle though!!

I remember Smith saying something similar about his tussles with Leighton James of Burnley, James regularly took this piss out of Smith.
Best would not have been intimidated by anything Smith threatened, he really was world class.
Think that the story was started when George Best was only about 17 or 18. But I don't really believe that it did happen. Think I did hear something in line with what you said about Leighton James.
What I do believe though.......and no real proof.......except what i have read......is that Tommy Smith would have been the type of player to have intimated young players... Far to many stories along that line for them all to have been nonsense.

Ps.......my cousin played in the old central league alongside Leighton James.
The cousin never played in Burnleys first team. But did play a few reserve matches for them. To this day he always says that Leighton James was one of the best footballers that he ever saw.........

Think that the story was started when George Best was only about 17 or 18. But I don't really believe that it did happen. Think I did hear something in line with what you said about Leighton James.
What I do believe though.......and no real proof.......except what i have read......is that Tommy Smith would have been the type of player to have intimated young players... Far to many stories along that line for them all to have been nonsense.

Ps.......my cousin played in the old central league alongside Leighton James.
The cousin never played in Burnleys first team. But did play a few reserve matches for them. To this day he always says that Leighton James was one of the best footballers that he ever saw.........
Tremendous winger Leighton James,very similar in style to(it grieves me to say!!)Steve Heighway.

Joey......joey.......joey. Superb three image photo of the Trinity.
Thanks for posting it.
That image is going on my phone. Is it wallpaper you call it. The family photo is now being demoted. They won't mind.
Haven't a clue how to go about doing that. Transferring a photo from an i- pad to a phone. But the grandson can do all that stuff.... So when everything is safe to do so ( this virus). (We are in a mini lockdown at present).
That photo is going on my phone.
Three great footballers........great photo........great stuff.

Ps.......have a house coming down with Everton memorabilia. But that three image photo is going on my phone. And i 'll see if I can get it printed as well.

Pps..........when players like Iwobi go for close to 30 million. And midfielders like Pogba go for close to 100 million. And donkeys like Liverpool's Henderson go for also about 30 million. What would the Trinity be worth??
Name your price. Only the top top clubs in the world could afford those three.
I wouldn't insult them by putting a price on them. But they would have been multi millionaires if playing today.
Thanks for that Barcelona orBayern would have broke the bank for them ......

The Church end part was built first and in situ when we won the League v W Brom 1970...I got taken though we were in the old Goodison Rd stand part that remained. I think the rest was up in 1971 with the new standards Enclosure.
I remember being in the Goodison Rd terrace at the last game of the 68-69 season. As soon as the final whistle went there was an army of people ripping the seats out ready for the partial demolition over the close season, and the construction of the present main stand

Labby -
1602803522826.png