Old Everton Pictures

1601221889405.png

Truly the Greatest of them all.
I saw him many, many, times home & away - I was in the park end just right of the goal by the entrance - Bally ran through, and split the opposition defence with the Gaboana as he demonstrated there - put Moggsy right behind the opposition defence the roar that greeted it was fantastic - Wow what a player he really was priceless, yet we sold him to soon - Doh

I saw this guy split a defence with this action before it had a name -
The one and only Bally -

I've just dug this out ... I typed it on an old Remington typewriter when I was about 16! Fify something years ago, God help us.

King Bally

Some talk of Bobby Charlton,

Of Hunt or Grieves or Moore.

Some think that Georgie Best is king,

And some say Dennis Law.

But Goodison says different,

We’re marching proud and tall,

And our song is heard quite clearly,

The king is Alan Ball.

The pitch belongs to Bally,

He’s action man and more,

He can kill you in a tackle

And then go on to score.

His pride in our blue jersey

Is plainly there to see.

He’ll fight until the whistle’s blown,

He’ll die for E F C.

In years to come when asked

Who was the best of all,

Our song will still be clearly heard,

His name was Alan Ball.

If it is he played just 4 games for us ? I thought it was another player whose name escaped me ?
Mike Milligan in his youth ?
That's who I thought it was.......Mike Milligan. Didn't want to say though as I wasn't sure. As for it being Graham Allen. T B H I don't remember him.
Don't think I'll have that problem with our new Allen.........have a feeling that he will be remembered for a long time.....

Thats the photo off the cover of @alan ball book!!!think he is on the photo!!
He's all over the net - I posted three on here out of a rare book someone had them on eBay the next day lol
Pinterest also snaffle them too it's no bother to me as I love this thread the original photo is worth far more than a print anyway ......
To me this thread keeps me going health wise up late last night boy I was bad, I've even posted at 5 am in the morning, takes the pain away ....
I get e mails with links to Everton old photos to add to my board ?
It's the GOT thread not mine, with a great load of appreciated posters who I admire for all the interest as our history is so important .......
Hopefully we will come back to winning trophies for the younger fans ;)