Old Everton Pictures

I think this shot hit the post.

...I’m sure you have a ‘still’ of the goal Young scored against United in the Park End, but it really won’t do it justice. It was a thing of absolute beauty, how he cushioned the ball out of the air, glided past defenders and into the box before drilling it past Stepney.

I was probably at the game as a youngster but it’s only watching it back now I truly appreciate how wonderful it was.

1597391520775.png

Is that Dario back left of the class on the photo @Dario Terracotta - front of class at the old St Helens Technical College are - Left to right: Colin Harvey, Rod Belfitt, Jimmy Husband and Henry Newton -
View attachment 97446

Yep looks like Dario beck of the class with the other rogues ,!

in the front Harvey and Newton your model students , Husband copying from Newton and Belfitt not arsed !

...I’m sure you have a ‘still’ of the goal Young scored against United in the Park End, but it really won’t do it justice. It was a thing of absolute beauty, how he cushioned the ball out of the air, glided past defenders and into the box before drilling it past Stepney.

I was probably at the game as a youngster but it’s only watching it back now I truly appreciate how wonderful it was.
I was fortunate enough to be there that sunny late summer afternoon and was under the stand on Goodison Road. There was a split second of silence as the ball went into the net as it happened so quickly.
It truly was a thing of beauty, the game itself a masterclass of footballing skills.

Does anyone know where you could get high quality prints of either Alan Ball or Bob Latchford? Wanting some for a gallery wall I am putting together in my house and can't seem to find any decent ones.
Surely on this thread I have blown up the photo to A4 size so you can print out on nice photo paper on your printer ....... many photos of Bally & the Latch if you go back about 50 pages ?
Then get some nice frames etc?

Last edited: