Old Everton Pictures

Dave Hickson -
1596805912297.png

I didn't believe he was a good replacement at the time and still don't believe he was. However,
I didn't think Hunt was good enough to play in the World Final before Greavsie, so what do I know.?
I think it was Geoff Hurst who came in for Greavsie, Greavsie was better than Roger Hunt as a footballer, but Hunt was used as a workhorse and his running off the ball, taking defenders away from the ball. Bob Paisley said Hunt playing in the World Cup was England’s gain and Liverpool’s loss, he reckoned it took two years off Hunt’s career with Liverpool, so I was glad about that!!

I think it was Geoff Hurst who came in for Greavsie, Greavsie was better than Roger Hunt as a footballer, but Hunt was used as a workhorse and his running off the ball, taking defenders away from the ball. Bob Paisley said Hunt playing in the World Cup was England’s gain and Liverpool’s loss, he reckoned it took two years off Hunt’s career with Liverpool, so I was glad about that!!
It did the same with Alan Ball (off his Everton career at least).

Was at the Linda McCartney exhibition at the walker today. Theres a sound old photo of Goodison in there. It's only worth paying to go in if you wanna see loads of photos of Macca though really.