Old Everton Pictures

More great memories of my youth. Another vantage point under the Street on a bitter day weather wise. Big Joe scored 4 maybe 5 with Bally chipping in too and ran rings round the Saints, and sat on the ball a lot :D There's tough guy John McGrath being beaten to the punch. Never seen a game like it since.
Joe bagged 4 ..Dave Johnson 3 and Bally the other one. Think we were 5-0 up at half time...well worth the sleet battering in the Street End and the bonus of a week off school with Bronchitis.

Everton V Burnley 1970 Tony Waiters saves from Joe Royle - in a 1-1 draw -
View attachment 91971

Great keeper Waiters but not good enough to keep a young upstart called Gordon West from taking his place lol In fact Westy was so good that he only played 20 or thirty games before being transferred for a world record fee, for a goalkeeper, to a team whose name escapes me :D Waiters was delighted of course and played on for the Seasiders for another 5 years.

Davey Johnson got a hat trick as well I think, bloody cold day as well, snow on the ground, the game warmed us up though.
Yep....you are right. Hat trick for Johnson. Think that Alan Ball scored as well. Must check that.
Remember listening to the football on the radio. And the goals kept coming. Great atuff.
And about eight years later I was at Goodison when we scored another eight. Against Wimbledon. B Latchford filled his boots that night. Have the programme somewhere. Can't remember what division Wimbledon were in at that time.......

Two of the heroes in 1966 - bally and Ramon Wilson -
1593097584765.png