Old Everton Pictures

Sandy Brown - He was most effective as an overlapping full-back but also played as an emergency attacker a. In fact he played in every position during his blues career, including goalkeeper -
View attachment 79864
Sandy left on his backside by George Best
6BF59D06-73B6-4BD4-A330-950E3CEFD207.jpeg

Best put many a defender on his backside seen him once took 4 of our defenders to look after him........
My late dad said best was the best player he ever saw play at Goodison. Naturally he said Alan Ball was the best Everton player he saw grace the turf. Both truly world class players he said at their peak, would walk into any club or national team in the world.

My late dad said best was the best player he ever saw play at Goodison. Naturally he said Alan Ball was the best Everton player he saw grace the turf. Both truly world class players he said at their peak, would walk into any club or national team in the world.
Best was playing in an ageing team too, what a player the game I seen Everton were on the rise as I stated four players across to him if the ball went anywhere near him it ended up 0-0 at Goodison....

Best was playing in an ageing team too, what a player the game I seen Everton were on the rise as I stated four players across to him if the ball went anywhere near him it ended up 0-0 at Goodison....
My dad said best had everything. Not just his skill, blistering acceleration, two footed and could finish. He said he was even deceptively good in the air for his size. A complete player, so sad that talent was later wasted.