Old Everton Pictures

Was there that night, we lost the tie at Goodison,battered them and should have been out of sight for the second leg, they scored the scruffiest goal late on from their only attack of note for the away goal which ultimately saw them through, aaah well at least I saw them in their famous away kit ;) lol
Yes we just couldn’t put the ball in the net until DavidJohnson finally scored. I was working in The Adelphi Hotel, installing a lift, and the day after this game I met Ferance Puskas in there, I told him “ All the great teams you have played for, Honved, Hungary, Real Madrid and you finished managing a team like that “ He just shrugged his shoulders b, as if to say, well we got the result we wanted.

That game was followed later that night on tv, with the recording of the first Ali versus Frazier fight which had taken place the night

The bravest goal I ever seen Mick lyons bottom picture v Leeds diving over bite your legs Norman Hunter -
View attachment 60313
Takes me back,I remember seeing this photo in that Newcastle programme and as a kid and to this day being in awe of Mick Lyons bravery in being prepared to be decapitated by "bite yer legs"boot to score for us, he really would have run through a brick wall for us and our club!!

Takes me back,I remember seeing this photo in that Newcastle programme and as a kid and to this day being in awe of Mick Lyons bravery in being prepared to be decapitated by "bite yer legs"boot to score for us, he really would have run through a brick wall for us and our club!!
I was right in line with it stood on the paddock, such a brave header in a great win !