Old Everton Pictures

I'd say that must have been around the 1940's or 1950's.That was when the Mardyke was used for football.Now they play cricket there.But certainly with a Cork native playing for Everton in the 1950's, by the name of Don Donovan.Everton were probably one of the first english sides to attract a following in the city.Along with West Ham who had a few guys from Cork playing for them, and of course Man United who had the late great Noel Cantwell playing for them.

I'd say that must have been around the 1940's or 1950's.That was when the Mardyke was used for football.Now they play cricket there.But certainly with a Cork native playing for Everton in the 1950's, by the name of Don Donovan.Everton were probably one of the first english sides to attract a following in the city.Along with West Ham who had a few guys from Cork playing for them, and of course Man United who had the late great Noel Cantwell playing for them.
Didn’t Cork have an amateur team called Everton that Dennis Irwin played for?

Didn’t Cork have an amateur team called Everton that Dennis Irwin played for?
iirc, there was a team in the Belfast area too, back in the day...1880-ish, their Chairman or whatever was instrumental in having an official penalty spot as part of the pitch.
Theres also a tiny village of Everton in Bedfordshire, I played against a team called Gamlingay from there and also a team with Andy King connections Elstow Red Lions.( I think Andy being Andy, was mates with somebody in the pub and used to moonlight for them odd times on Sunday mornings while he was at Luton)

iirc, there was a team in the Belfast area too, back in the day...1880-ish, their Chairman or whatever was instrumental in having an official penalty spot as part of the pitch.
Theres also a tiny village of Everton in Bedfordshire, I played against a team called Gamlingay from there and also a team with Andy King connections Elstow Red Lions.( I think Andy being Andy, was mates with somebody in the pub and used to moonlight for them odd times on Sunday mornings while he was at Luton)
Yeah! I like those stories.