Old Everton Pictures

Kevin Sheedy leaves Mark lawreson foron a run -

No picture I’m afraid just a comment..
RIP to another Evertonian Freddie Starr.
I remember at the West Ham semi at Villa Park he was sitting in the front row of the stand behind the goal where we were standing. At half time he told a few jokes etc for us. Everyone just turned their back to the pitch and watched him perform for 10 minutes.
It was the best part of the day tbh.

Horrible feeling this is a Toshack goal at the pit in the 3-2 defeat when we had the game in the bag -
View attachment 58121
No Howie had gone off injured when we were 2-0 up. Looks like Old Trafford, the fateful semi-final and their correctly disallowed goal in the 1st half, as Labby is still on the pitch and went off just after half-time, when we were 1-0 up

No picture I’m afraid just a comment..
RIP to another Evertonian Freddie Starr.
I remember at the West Ham semi at Villa Park he was sitting in the front row of the stand behind the goal where we were standing. At half time he told a few jokes etc for us. Everyone just turned their back to the pitch and watched him perform for 10 minutes.
It was the best part of the day tbh.
same here RIP

1984 final he was on the pitch -

No Howie had gone off injured when we were 2-0 up. Looks like Old Trafford, the fateful semi-final and their correctly disallowed goal in the 1st half, as Labby is still on the pitch and went off just after half-time, when we were 1-0 up
Oh god more bad memories
That semi plus Villa Park against City and the other semi against the RS at

Maine road were the worst ever.
Losing to West Ham at Leeds and the RS at Wembley were bad but those other 3 were heartbreaking for me

Oh god more bad memories
That semi plus Villa Park against City and the other semi against the RS at

Maine road were the worst ever.
Losing to West Ham at Leeds and the RS at Wembley were bad but those other 3 were heartbreaking for me
It's Everton that coming to an end of a successful era...... one week out of two important cups......

It's Everton that coming to an end of a successful era...... one week out of two important cups......
It’s weird really.
In those days we were so disappointed to lose and not win trophies
Then it became a case of not going down
Now it’s a desperation to win just something

same here RIP

View attachment 58139
1984 final he was on the pitch -
View attachment 58140
The 1st replay League cup final v Villa at Hillsborough we were moved out of the overflowing leppings lane into the stand to the left. I have clear memories of Freddy with his back to the play, orchestrating our singing just before Latch equalized. A proper blue.

The 1st replay League cup final v Villa at Hillsborough we were moved out of the overflowing leppings lane into the stand to the left. I have clear memories of Freddy with his back to the play, orchestrating our singing just before Latch equalized. A proper blue.
He went to the same senior school as me not in my era though he came from Bakers Green I think?