Old Everton Pictures

Wasn't his debut only a couple of days after signing for us a 6-1 win v the gunners?

...before the Derby, Sheedy told Pointon not to go into any 50/50s with McMahon. Pointon didn’t heed the advice and was lying in agony on the floor when Sheedy stood over him and called him something uncomplimentary.

It’s very funny when Sheedy tells the story.

side on blues photo.jpg

12th October 1974 Mick Lyons nets during a 2-2 draw away to Sheffield United -
View attachment 57270

Sure it was this match that seen mad mad aggro against the police. The police got battered in the 2nd half of this game. From before kick off and during the whole match the police arrested Everton fans for swearing even if swearing was in a chant. It was ridiculous and eventually went off big style. I was only 15 and it all started just a couple of yards in front of me so I had the perfect view. Thought it would be all over the papers but it wasn't as the media were mainly reporting on the Man Utd and Leeds Utd doings at the time.

...before the Derby, Sheedy told Pointon not to go into any 50/50s with McMahon. Pointon didn’t heed the advice and was lying in agony on the floor when Sheedy stood over him and called him something uncomplimentary.

It’s very funny when Sheedy tells the story.
Yep,heard that one too Eggs,very dry is Sheedslol