Old Everton Pictures

norwich-city-everton-v-norwich-kevin-reeves-18th-august-1979-ENW0K8.jpg

Thank goodness it went in - he had no chance with it - we looked ok untill Connelley,s leg brake disgusting tackle I was yards away from it in the paddock the noise was horrible I knew he had done him good style two breaks in the same leg John was never the same after that dirty tackle........lost two yards of pace, shame as he was just settling in......
I went into school on the Monday after the game. Ist day back after Christmas holidays, had P.E. and who walks in as our new P.E. teacher? Only the fella who broke his leg, John Davison !! Was a rumour going round that one of the 6th formers who was a massive Blue gave him a smack before the week was out.

....I recall going to Crystal Palace as a young lad in the 60’s. They weren’t in the top flight but I had relatives who lived near the ground in Thornton Heath. I think Bill Glazier was in goal for Palace that day. I also have a memory that Palaces nickname was the Glaziers, which I always thought a coincidence.

I’m sure @Alan Whittle will correct me if I’m wrong.

....I recall going to Crystal Palace as a young lad in the 60’s. They weren’t in the top flight but I had relatives who lived near the ground in Thornton Heath. I think Bill Glazier was in goal for Palace that day. I also have a memory that Palaces nickname was the Glaziers, which I always thought a coincidence.

I’m sure @Alan Whittle will correct me if I’m wrong.

1972 saw a round badge adopted with the club's initials and nickname "the Glaziers" before Allison changed this too. The nickname became "the Eagles", inspired by Portuguese club Benfica, and the badge adopted an eagle holding a ball.
spot on @Eggs