Old Everton Pictures

7th-october-1972-liverpool-1-v-everton-0-evertons-goalkeeper-dave-picture-id78950604

After a great result by the Blues against Arsenal I found one of my best memories from the past. I could not believe it on the day and, at half time with us 3 up I thought there must be a strong wind. It was only when Moggsy scored a fourth I started believing. When I got home from the game I asked my mum to confirm the score 'cause I thought I had been dreaming.View attachment 56682
I was at that game, I remember a ‘gentleman’ running out of the kop before the game and planting a Purple Heart in the centre circle. I also remember us scoring after about 30 seconds, it was all down hill for the kopites from there. I believe that we had 8 players who would not have been regular first choices playing, for one reason or another.

I was at that game, I remember a ‘gentleman’ running out of the kop before the game and planting a Purple Heart in the centre circle. I also remember us scoring after about 30 seconds, it was all down hill for the kopites from there. I believe that we had 8 players who would not have been regular first choices playing, for one reason or another.

....I have a picture somewhere of my folks in Everton Supporters Club (City Rd) the night of that match, I can imagine the ale was going down very nicely.

I did hear rumours of Revie,whether they were true or not I dont know mate,with Robson it was supposedly a done deal until it leaked to the press,he wanted to inform Ipswich of his intentions first,Clough told us he was a whisker away but didnt give the reason why he wouldnt sign,from what he did say it felt like he expected a "bonus" for him and Taylor a sort of tax free type,but I couldnt say that was the exact reason
are frank met him jaycee one time outside of goodison and he said (clough) he was about to sign, but they wouldn't give him full control of everything football related throughout the club transfers ect so he walked away.

....I have a picture somewhere of my folks in Everton Supporters Club (City Rd) the night of that match, I can imagine the ale was going down very nicely.
I remember as a young Kid my older brother deciding to go getting a late ticket at that Derby - My late father saying your wasting your time it such a depleted team - So I expected the worse the teleprinter came on 0-4 - My brother came home smiling - unbelievable he stated - the icing on the cake was Moggsy last goal at the KOP end that was a beauty thunderous shot into the far corner of an emptying Kop - he was only a recent signing from them at £10,000- we were short on fullbacks that day Brian Harris filled in - A young Harvey stepped in and scored too ;)
The purple heart balloons were placed everywhere before the game as a joke -{ The Albert Dunlop affair} it must have spurred the depleted side on ........

Last edited: