Old Everton Pictures

ally-robertson-celebrates-winning-goal-1253904.jpg

Same cup tie - 2-1 up - Everton that - lost the replay 3-1 .....
EVERTON’S IMRE VARADI IS BROUGHT DOWN IN THE BOX AND TREVOR ROSS CONVERTS THE PENALTY TO PUT EVERTON BACK INTO THE LEAD

everton away fa cup 1980 to 81 varadi earns a pen
Varadi took the ball around the keeper earlier but missed the goal. Frustrating player to say the least.

....Kings 2nd spell was actually at the start of the 1982 season and his 1st game was at Watford, but that doesn’t look like an August pitch.
Pretty sure that’s from his first spell,the kit is wrong for 82/83. It’s the same kit as he’s wearing in the semi final at Villa park v WHU. (See picture on the left !)

Cloughy was in our hotel the night after the final,he aboslutely loved that Everton team and said he would give anything to have Sharpy in one of his sides,asked him about how close he was to managing us and he said a whisker away from signing a contract
He was a great manager in his prime him, wished we had gotten him or Bobby Robinson when we were in for them.
Is my memory playing tricks did Revie nearly join us at one point ?
just found this

Last edited:
He was a great manager in his prime him, wished we had gotten him or Bobby Robinson when we were in for them.
Is my memory playing tricks did Revie nearly join us at one point ?
just found this
I did hear rumours of Revie,whether they were true or not I dont know mate,with Robson it was supposedly a done deal until it leaked to the press,he wanted to inform Ipswich of his intentions first,Clough told us he was a whisker away but didnt give the reason why he wouldnt sign,from what he did say it felt like he expected a "bonus" for him and Taylor a sort of tax free type,but I couldnt say that was the exact reason