Old Everton Pictures

Blackpools fullback Cranson tackles the GV -

‘The battle of Goodison’ at 50: 1964, Everton and Leeds lose their manners and tempers
• For the first time in a league match a referee walked off the pitch because of violent play
• Too much money is ruining the game, said football authorities

Leeds’ Billy Bremner (centre) is protected by teammate Norman Hunter as an angry home fan is held back by Everton’s Johnny Morrissey, 1964.
View attachment 55969

I was at that game. The dirtiest display I have ever seen from a team. No wonder Leeds were given the title 'Dirty Leeds', and those my age still call them that. 'Collision' between Bell & Temple? Hilarious! Bell nearly disembowelled Temple and got away scot-free...

I was at that game. The dirtiest display I have ever seen from a team. No wonder Leeds were given the title 'Dirty Leeds', and those my age still call them that. 'Collision' between Bell & Temple? Hilarious! Bell nearly disembowelled Temple and got away scot-free...
My older brother was there the tackle on Temple was disgusting- GBH - put him nearly over the goodind road side one wall into the crowd - it then kicked off - bad style - Sandy had been sent off in the first few minutes after being studded down his chest he decked Giles with a good right hook .....
A blood bath followed in a 1-0 defeat .....

29th March 1966. Manchester City goalkeeper Harry Dowd saves a shot from Everton centre forward Fred Pickering (partially hidden), in an FA Cup 6th Round Replay. in a 0-0 draw the 3rd replay at Wolves would see the Blues progress with a 2-0 win -
View attachment 56367

It was the second replay when we won 2-0 at Molyneux.

0-0
Replay 0-0
2nd replay 2-0

I was at the 2-0 game. Straight out of school (Cardinal Allen GS) at 4 and into the city in my school uniform! Football special train to the game. In the Everton end with my satchell on my back! Train back to Lime Street. Got home about 4 in the morning and was up for school at half-seven! The joys of being a mad 15 year-old!

0-0
Replay 0-0
2nd replay 2-0

I was at the 2-0 game. Straight out of school (Cardinal Allen GS) at 4 and into the city in my school uniform! Football special train to the game. In the Everton end with my satchell on my back! Train back to Lime Street. Got home about 4 in the morning and was up for school at half-seven! The joys of being a mad 15 year-old!
Our home replay my late father , and older brother came home in dis belief expecting a win stating we were luck to have a third chance - they came back from the third replay far much satisfied even though that was a hard game also they went to the three games......

0-0
Replay 0-0
2nd replay 2-0

Pretty much the same story for me, except I was 13 and at the Holt school. My brother and uncle waiting for me by the school gates in my uncle’s car at 4 o’clock, the school bell rang and I ran as fast as I could to the car and away we went.