Old Everton Pictures

Cliff’s auntie was the mangeress of The Gladray Club which was a well known club in the south end of the city and made famous by Gloria, an erm entertainer.
Thanks YouTube.

More info on Cliff Marshall.

A boyhood Blue, Cliff Marshall was the first black Liverpudlian to play for Everton F.C.

Born in 1955 he grew up in Stanhope Street in Toxteth.

0_cliff-m.jpg
....actually thought he was a touch older than that but it must be right.
I met Cliff Marshall in Prescot waiting outside an electrical shop to open, I never knew him, we were there 3 or 4 minutes and got talking, he told
me that he played for Everton, of course I realised who he was then, I said that I saw him in the Plymouth game 40 years previous, we had a chuckle.
Nice bloke, I didn't know about his Mum running the Gladray, If we got 'rained off' on the building of a friday, we always went down 'Parly Street' to
see Gloria, must have been around 68 to 73. Used to go to ' the Nige' (The Nigerian) I think.We had some laughs there, no trouble ever.

Ole Handball Hansen managed to lift his arm to that Pen...that was never given - again.

....if I remember rightly the referee was called Robinson and just a week or so later he refereed a game i played in London. Of course, I mentioned the incident to him and he wasn’t at all pleased. As we walked off the pitch at the end of the match he said something along the lines of “you can’t give what you don’t see”. He was miffed, though.

....if I remember rightly the referee was called Robinson and just a week or so later he refereed a game i played in London. Of course, I mentioned the incident to him and he wasn’t at all pleased. As we walked off the pitch at the end of the match he said something along the lines of “you can’t give what you don’t see”. He was miffed, though.
Apparently you can...
Ask Clive Thomas.