Old Everton Pictures

27th March 1964 Jones (Own Goal) v WBA (H) West Brom centre half, Stan Jones falls as he deflects an Alex Scott cross past his own keeper during a 1-1 draw -

1st January 1983 Graeme Sharp watches as his header hits the post and then enters the West Brom net for Everton's first in a 2-2 draw -
View attachment 56096

....got me thinking of a bloke called John Osborne who played in goal for a West Brom. He’s not in that picture, but what a character, he was always having banter with Gladys St.

Edit; just looked him up, sadly no longer with us.

....got me thinking of a bloke called John Osborne who played in goal for a West Brom. He’s not in that picture, but what a character, he was always having banter with Gladys St.

Great keeper too kept the 2-0 down when we slaughtered them to clinch the title!

Didn't he have a blinder against us in the 68 Cup Final? Seem to remember him catching everything.