Old Everton Pictures

I only looked out of interest and he was in the line up. Ill dig a link out later... Just going the hossie for endoscopy (trembles)
I will check good look with your procedure today , I've had that, uncomfortable, but necessary ;)
Your correct Rod Belfitt played no 9 Gosh he must have been old when we signed him from Ipswich?

I will check good look with your procedure today , I've had that, uncomfortable, but necessary ;)
Your correct Rod Belfitt played no 9 Gosh he must have been old when we signed him from Ipswich?
Think that might have been his first season, Joey. He was a 'promising youngster in those days, then became 'understudy' to the likes of Mick Jones before leaving as he wanted 1st team football. He must have had some good qualities for Revie to tolerate him and Robson to sign him. Pity he didn't show them at Goodison, although to be fair we were in turmoil long before he arrived and the nature of the transfer deal meant that most supporters were ill-disposed to him from the start. His new teammates must have been gobsmacked too!

‘The battle of Goodison’ at 50: 1964, Everton and Leeds lose their manners and tempers
• For the first time in a league match a referee walked off the pitch because of violent play
• Too much money is ruining the game, said football authorities

Leeds’ Billy Bremner (centre) is protected by teammate Norman Hunter as an angry home fan is held back by Everton’s Johnny Morrissey, 1964.
View attachment 55969
My dad talked about this game all the time, like every time Leeds played Everton or where on the TV, and i never felt the need to tell him he had already told me about it haha great story

Never knew there was a Nobblets, as in Mother Nobblet the Toffee Lady on London Road?

54524211_10218844033161978_1677340116709801984_n.jpg

Never knew there was a Nobblets, as in Mother Nobblet the Toffee Lady on London Road?

54524211_10218844033161978_1677340116709801984_n.jpg
Not footie related, but looking at the pic takes me back fifty years and more.
The street leading up at an angle contained a warehouse where my mam was able to cash her Sturla's cheque and kit me out in clothes. Not the best quality or choice but it was the only way I got new clothes on my back.

Not footie related, but looking at the pic takes me back fifty years and more.
The street leading up at an angle contained a warehouse where my mam was able to cash her Sturla's cheque and kit me out in clothes. Not the best quality or choice but it was the only way I got new clothes on my back.
Great shops at the top of London Road in the 1960/70s ;)