Old Everton Pictures

I thought Leeds too ...but then thought that if it was taken at The Pit, Forest wore red so they would be in their away kit (if it was white, like !!!)
Yes just looked at their kits and our Henry was with them in that year they did have a badge on the red kit so if they may have played in white away in that era the badge would not have been very vivid on the shirt as they played in red of course so it could be Henry the hammer Newton...... ;)

Blimey, and I think we have big squads nowadays....
That could have been the reserve team included too- Remember in the 1960s teams like Everton had - a youth team , a A team - A B team - A reserve team - then the first team - Remember also the Reserves mainly played at Goodison park at home when the first team were away - hence the muddy pitches in those days.....
I am sure all the teams played in their individual leagues too?

Yes just looked at their kits and our Henry was with them in that year they did have a badge on the red kit so if they may have played in white away in that era the badge would not have been very vivid on the shirt as they played in red of course so it could be Henry the hammer Newton...... ;)
It's definitely Leeds and I think it's Mick Bates !!

Great away following we had even then...
Given it was just a train ride away or a quick jaunt up the motorway via Sunniways Coaches.
It wasn’t a jaunt that day. The snow was thick. Goodness knows how we got there or that the game went ahead. It took my Dad hours to drive there.
But what a vital win.
Ps no criticism Joey re quotes. We all appreciate they are not yours.