Old Everton Pictures

h60H2E.jpg

Spurs v Everton
The ref showing that refs in those days were just as stupid, I can imagine him saying is that spelt F-R-E-D son.

Bustling Dave Hickson letting the defenders know he is around - Labby always made a quote with dave he always came in with blood on his shirt - sometimes not necessary his { Dave Hickson disciplinary record was not that good indeed the boards main reason for selling him!}
View attachment 52929
Hickson doing his own "sorting" in the snow for Tranmere v Chelsea in 1963. Watch, from 5.45 mins, as the finer arts of dealing with an over-robust defender are demonstrated for a BBC audience:

Looks like hard, crusted ice covered most of the pitch, Joey, during that long, bitter winter of 62-63. God help any of the players hitting that surface on the wrong patch or angle. All that said, I loved matches in those conditions!
What a winter that was Major, from November to March relentlessly cold, with snow and ice constantly on the ground. The football season was a case of continual postboned matches, one cup game in Scotland was postboned a record number of times, think it was eleven. Everton suffered slightly less because of the underground heating which made one or two games playable. I think it was the longest and worse winter I have ever lived through. It had a happy ending though because we finished up winning the league.

What a winter that was Major, from November to March relentlessly cold, with snow and ice constantly on the ground. The football season was a case of continual postboned matches, one cup game in Scotland was postboned a record number of times, think it was eleven. Everton suffered slightly less because of the underground heating which made one or two games playable. I think it was the longest and worse winter I have ever lived through. It had a happy ending though because we finished up
What a winter that was Major, from November to March relentlessly cold, with snow and ice constantly on the ground. The football season was a case of continual postboned matches, one cup game in Scotland was postboned a record number of times, think it was eleven. Everton suffered slightly less because of the underground heating which made one or two games playable. I think it was the longest and worse winter I have ever lived through. It had a happy ending though because we finished up winning the league.
A joyous end to a savage winter, the worst of my lifetime. I suspect we'd all endure a lot more like that for the same outcome. All our worst winters of the past three decades have been of the soul. Will we ever put together again a team capable of winning the league?