Old Everton Pictures

What an way kit and some star players -
thumbs_colin-harvey.jpg
thumbs_howard-kendall.jpg
thumbs_joe-royle.jpg
thumbs_brian-labone.jpg
thumbs_john-hurst.jpg

Alan Ball the greatest of them all!

.....the earlier picture of Alan Ball and his wife, Lesley, appears to be in the garden of standard semi detached. Alan Ball was a World Cup winning footballer. Not that long ago but how times change.

I had 2 city players (tony henry, ray ranson) on my paper round in early 80's, lived in bog standard house & bungalow on estate where I live (new at time) & after Peter Reid had been playing for us, won titles, been pfa player of year etc. nominated for world footballer of the year I was heading home 1 night after a game & he was beside me at the lights on the lancs..... I had a better car than him !! 205 GTI while he was in an XR2, I reckon that was about 88-89.

So even then they were still living among us, be interesting to see how many players from the modern game have the desire to become managers & coaches because they'll be financially secure... be more likely lower division players I reckon, players from 70's often went on to become teachers... imagine that now.

I'm a collector of Everton memorabilia and would be interested in any original press photos that people may have for sale.
In particular I'm trying to fill the following gaps in my collection. These are players who have only played a small number of games.

Conor Grant, Chris Long, Gethin Jones, Lacina Traore, Francisco Santos da Silva Junior (Francisco Junior), Nathan Craig, Eddie Youds,
Mark Wright, Mike Stowell, Phil Jones, Peter Billing, Ian Atkins, Darrin Coyle, Jason Danskin, Darren Hughes, John Morrisey (jnr),
Darren Oldroyd, Neil Rimmer, Robbie Wakenshaw, Derek Walsh, Ian Bishop, Stuart Rimmer, Glen Keeley, Pat Heard, Ross Jack, Drew Brand,
David Irving, Frank D’Arcy, Harry Bennett, Billy Brindle, Aiden Maher, Terry Owen, David Turner, Gerry Glover, Derek Smith, George Heslop,
Stuart Shaw, Jimmy Hill, Roy Parnell, George Sharples, Ray Veall, Jimmy Fell, Mick Gannon, Colin Green, Alan Tyrer, Keith Webber, Jack Bentley,
Peter Kavanagh.

If anybody has original photos of any of these players, from their time at Everton, I'd love the opportunity to buy them.
Please pm me with any info on the photos or any other interesting memorabilia you may have for sale.
Many thanks