Old Everton Pictures

MHFguY.jpg

Bob Latchford Everton v Arsenal, Alan Ball in the background for Arsenal

Brilliant night!!! Very tense especially when Duncan McKenzie missed the pen. Bolton second division but very tough side. We showed hidden depths of resilience that night!! Cracking centre forward big Bob. Did not do much running around for lost causes though!!!
That ground was a tip, the barrier behind us gave away that night and loads of us had to push it back up to save people getting crushed as it. Snapped away, wasn't just a bit of it about twenty foot of it, people were swaying all over the place miracle nobody got hurt.
Papers next day and Granada TV had it down as us wrecking which it wasn't true at all, did get Brocken up and lashed at the Bolton fans next to us at one point though.

Peter Withe, big kopite!
Total Rollocks - Him and his older brother Jerry ( who was a 'better' footballer until the ale did for him...think Jim Baxter /John White / Peter Knowles ) used to sell programmes out side the Gas Shop on County Rd.
1 prog to Degsy, Ta mate *gives in sixpence - gets 3d piece and 3 pennies back.

Sorry allez but I won't hear that word used (unless in jest?) against 2 true blues...well he was then...unless he went to the dark side...it does happen.

also slightly off topic. but were would Villa's European Cup be without the Scouser / Everton connection

Last edited:

Total Rollocks - Him and his older brother Jerry ( who was a 'better' footballer until the ale did for him...think Jim Baxter /John White / Peter Knowles ) used to sell programmes out side the Gas Shop on County Rd.
1 prog to Degsy, Ta mate *gives in sixpence - gets 3d piece and 3 pennies back.

Sorry allez but I won't hear that word used (unless in jest?) against 2 true blues...well he was then...unless he went to the dark side...it does happen.

also slightly off topic. but were would Villa's European Cup be without the Scouser / Everton connection
I stand corrected mate, I honestly thought he was a red!!!
Correct they were a cracking side. Tony Morley from Ormskirk iirc?