Old Everton Pictures

Dig out the away game Vs Wolves, watch Vernon pick up the ball about the halfway line, throw in a Cryuff turn before it was even invented then thread an inch perfect ball for Alex Young to score without even breaking stride.
Loved that, Cruffesque, with a Charltonesque body swerve in the same move. great pass and he did a great slide rule pass earlier to Stevens too. So impressive ‘again’. I often see the comparison with Greaves/Law, but I see a lot of Charlton In his game- the passing, shooting, and the aforementioned body swerve, similar to that of The Divine Baldy.

The 1962-63 champs seems a bit underrated these days, but if I was alive I’d have preferred to watch its forward line over the 1969-70 version, myself.

Loved that, Cruffesque, with a Charltonesque body swerve in the same move. great pass and he did a great slide rule pass earlier to Stevens too. So impressive ‘again’. I often see the comparison with Greaves/Law, but I see a lot of Charlton In his game- the passing, shooting, and the aforementioned body swerve, similar to that of The Divine Baldy.

The 1962-63 champs seems a bit underrated these days, but if I was alive I’d have preferred to watch its forward line over the 1969-70 version, myself.
I was lucky, It was an honour and a privilege to watch them both.

Jimmy O'Neill - from the 1950s/early 1960s -

Full name James Anthony O'Neill[1]Date of birth 13 October 1931[1]Place of birth Dublin, Republic of Ireland[1]Date of death 15 December 2007 (aged 76)Place of death Ormskirk, England Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)Playing position Goalkeeper -

1664881439650.png