Old Everton Pictures

1654465982650.png

Loved to have seen him in the flesh.

Here he is, the majestic TG Jones in his Welsh team I recommend you read the autobiography The Prince of Centre Halves - like you, I would have loved to been able to see this guy play - & he finished up running newsagents in Bangor, North Wales after also being a great Manager for Bangor City - plus we treated him in his era of playing appallingly - Everton That -Teams from abroad wanted to sign him & our club scuppered one deal ....
Rated by all as the best ball playing centre half ever, in his era .......

My late father - he had an elegance - great in the air - he could use left or right foot, plus he dribbled the ball out of defence to set an attack moving in the days of hoofing the ball down the field ....

I read that the great Brian Labone - Labby he mentioned him - as a hard act to follow - & he oozed class I was fortunate to see him ...

1654509735269.png

Here he is, the majestic TG Jones in his Welsh team I recommend you read the autobiography The Prince of Centre Halves - like you, I would have loved to been able to see this guy play - & he finished up running newsagents in Bangor, North Wales after also being a great Manager for Bangor City - plus we treated him in his era of playing appallingly - Everton That -Teams from abroad wanted to sign him & our club scuppered one deal ....
Rated by all as the best ball playing centre half ever, in his era .......

My late father - he had an elegance - great in the air - he could use left or right foot, plus he dribbled the ball out of defence to set an attack moving in the days of hoofing the ball down the field ....

I read that the great Brian Labone - Labby he mentioned him - as a hard act to follow - & he oozed class I was fortunate to see him ...

View attachment 169035
my mates dad , who i used to go the game with as he was getting on,, absolutely loved him said he was the best he had ever seen playing for us,