Old Everton Pictures

I knew I had seen it somewhere in Goodison,pity I hadn't taken a pic, perhaps someone could oblige , thanks for that, nice one mate.
Am I fight in thinking that this Royal visit was a first at any football ground ?.

Yes the George V visit in 1913 was a first.

There's a video of the 1938 visit on the internet can't post link as am on phone!

bbc281fc52f5b321690fb888847b3bcd.jpg

Part of the crowd at Crystal Palace for the 1897 Cup Final v Aston Villa:

1379488_459773904136397_992655927_n.jpg

.....tremendous how informative pictures are even though they're still. Look at the clothes men wore, almost everybody wearing a hat and not a female in sight. Crowd on this side spilling over, men behind the goal on chairs.

I think we won the Cup at Palace in '06, wonder if its the same site as Selhurst Park or more akin to the Crystal Palace that burned down. I'm sure somebody will know.

I think we won the Cup at Palace in '06, wonder if its the same site as Selhurst Park or more akin to the Crystal Palace that burned down. I'm sure somebody will know.

The Crystal Palace Stadium were the FA Cup Finals were held was situated where the Athletics stadium is today.

Crystal Palace, Corinthians and the Casuals all played there. Crystal Palace FC moved to Selhurst Park in 1924.

The Crystal Palace Stadium were the FA Cup Finals were held was situated where the Athletics stadium is today.

Crystal Palace, Corinthians and the Casuals all played there. Crystal Palace FC moved to Selhurst Park in 1924.

.....cheers, Esk. I had family that lived in nearby Thornton Heath when I was a kid and it was a base for the '66 and '68 Cup Finals. My uncle took me to palace in the mid-60s. More recently I went to Croydon for a meeting in work, train took me through Thornton Heath and shortly after I saw Selhurst on the left. Its built up, is the athletics track nearby?