Old Everton Pictures

Athletics track is further to the north (about a mile)and is actually in Crystal Palace Park.

Selhurst is one of my favourite grounds, used to love standing on the open terrace (to the left as the tv cameras look)
Were you there for the "battle of selhurst park"? I wasn't but my Dad went. I think it was 72/3 ish. He used to tell me about it. They got stuck into us, and we got stuck into them. Sure there were a couple sent off and about 5 bookings, which was a lot back then. It might have been FA cup, actually.

There's some cracking pictures in this thread, is the one above from the live screening of the league cup tie v Libpool in 87?
i was in 'their' main stand for that. Sharpy had a mare that night, missing two absolute sitters. Thankfully, Gary Stevens scored a deflected winner for us. A well deserved win.

Better finisher than Young, I think ... but didn't kow tow to Catterick so that was the end of him.
I never saw either of them play. But according to me Dad, he reckoned Vernon was the superior finisher, deadly when in sight of goal. He was a fan of Young too, but thought he could be a bit of a fairweather player. Didn't take much for him to cry off with injury, and wasn't really up for a scrap with the centre half. But never denied his undoubted skill as a striker.

ffcdf062b375dd53825d5666d5249404.jpg
are they very early mizuno boots kendall is wearing?