Old Everton Pictures

That music is like something you would hear in a funeral home. Give me z-cars anytime. Or the spirit of the blues. Or grand old team. Or here we go........or even that air raid siren. Anything but that funeral dirge played in that clip.

Maudlin is the word. Possibly with mawkish thrown into the equation. Did the Toffees get turned over by the old enemy that day. That could explain it :confused:

Cup-tie.
White shorts
Change to blue
Yep I agree but for some reason after that Inter Milan game we played cup ties in white .....My older brother stated it was a shock when we ran out in white in that Inter Milan game .......
Look at the 1964 to 1966 photos in the cup - our players in that white lit regardless of the opposition team colours....then we went to that great blue short amber kit away - the very beginning I suppose of the kit system that has gone bonkers today... for all clubs..... in our day it was not a big money kit earner as it is now a rip off.....

Yep I agree but for some reason after that Inter Milan game we played cup ties in white .....My older brother stated it was a shock when we ran out in white in that Inter Milan game .......
Look at the 1964 to 1966 photos in the cup - our players in that white lit regardless of the opposition team colours....then we went to that great blue short amber kit away - the very beginning I suppose of the kit system that has gone bonkers today... for all clubs..... in our day it was not a big money kit earner as it is now a rip off.....

The final in 66 both sides played in white shorts. How does that figure in these rather strange and mixed up rules and explanations from way back when?

Everton midfielder Peter Reid holding off a Southampton player during a 2-2 draw at Goodison Park in 1984 -
1603808604254.png