Old Everton Pictures

Requires the skills of a Columbo to get to the bottom of this.
I'm almost certain its Pompey I thought that first off. But if Dave was in an Everton shirt one of those clubs would have to change strip. So it hurts me to remind myself that he played for the Rats and I'm thinking that pic is when God played for them this in a red shirt so no colour clash

What do you reckon @Joey66

I think your figuring that's it's a red Hicky is a solution worthy of the rain coated one. That's Jimmy Dickinson on the left of that pic, and like Colombo, I have no doubt lol

I heard that rumour , but that Rod Bellend deal plus cash was a calamity in fact robbery Bellfitt played 11 games for us & sold at a loss ... on we could do that... he was worth more in cash .... if that rumour was true that is which i doubt we heard Bally was sold for gambling debts etc etc ......smoke & mirrors etc
Also, if there was any truth in why would he land back at LFC in the same area? abpout a year later........ don't make sense that if the smell allegedly was still there he would have never come back to be around it.....

What I heard about Ball was that Moores had bailed him out of his gambling debts twice, and told him that one more time and he was off. Happened again, so Moores unloaded him.

As for Johnson coming back to the area, yeah, that's a strange one. One would have expected him to be away permanently.

That knee injury would be nothing now up back & running in 6 months .....my older brother whose cup final tickets I posted stated he had everything as a no 9 ......

Pickering was magnificient. The best 'straight-ahead' No. 9 I have seen in my lifetime. He murdered us at Goodison when he notched a hat-trick from Blackburn in a 2-4 defeat; he murdered Nottingham Forrest with a hat-trick on his debut for us in a 6-1 win. The guy was special. Then he buggered over in the Derby at Goodison with no one near him, and that was it...

Very sad end to a great player...

1600441838037.jpeg

What I heard about Ball was that Moores had bailed him out of his gambling debts twice, and told him that one more time and he was off. Happened again, so Moores unloaded him.

As for Johnson coming back to the area, yeah, that's a strange one. One would have expected him to be away permanently.
As I stated rumours - smokes and mirrors let out by the club at any time - Labby stated the Catt was great at the big buy players, but hopeless on letting players or prospects move on - bobby Collins allegedly asked for a pay rise as when he came we were relegation fodder - he took us to 6th asked for a pay rise or a sow pig to breed for income as he had a small holding out by Ormskirk - the Catt and Moore's would have none of it - Collins wanted to stay - he got MOTM & was summoned to the office by the Catt to say he was too old & not in his plans - Collins leaked this to the press & the rest is History - Player of the year 2 years later for Leeds in 1965.....
Leeds were then in 1962 destined for the old Divison 3 - Collins saved them season after won promotion - it really came to bite us in the bum as Leeds were then a big team .......
The more I read about the Catt - he was ruthless, but sometimes far to clever for himself by far......
Bobby kept in touch with the reunion dinners - I never wanted to leave just like Bally ....daja vue .. on two World Class players.......

Roger Kenyon a good replacement for Labby -
View attachment 101260
What a pity Wiif Dixon for some reason didn't have him on the bench for the OT semi against the rS. Cost us the game once Labone had to go off. He put Sandy Brown in his place and Toshack slayed him. Royle suggested he went to CH instead believing he would control Toshack. On reflection he was probably right.

What a pity Wiif Dixon for some reason didn't have him on the bench for the OT semi against the rS. Cost us the game once Labone had to go off. He put Sandy Brown in his place and Toshack slayed him. Royle suggested he went to CH instead believing he would control Toshack. On reflection he was probably right.

Should have been 2 - 0 at half time but for that headless chicken Whittle. Then when Labone went off, I don't think there was a single Evertonian who didn't believe we'd lose ... it was the perfect scenario for them.