Old Everton Pictures

28th January 1967. Burnley centre forward Andy Lochhead and Everton goalkeeper Gordon West call for help following a collision between Frank Casper and Ray Wilson on a muddy Turf Moor in a FA Cup 3rd Round tie - in a 0-0 draw with the blues winning the replay to go through to the next round -
1600435337636.png

From the rumours I heard, joey, there was a VERY good reason why he and Whittle headed south to the other end of the country...
I heard that rumour , but that Rod Bellend deal plus cash was a calamity in fact robbery Bellfitt played 11 games for us & sold at a loss ... on we could do that... he was worth more in cash .... if that rumour was true that is which i doubt we heard Bally was sold for gambling debts etc etc ......smoke & mirrors etc
Also, if there was any truth in why would he land back at LFC in the same area? abpout a year later........ don't make sense that if the smell allegedly was still there he would have never come back to be around it.....

Yet another great header by a famous Toffee No 9. Pick that out of the muddy net laddie lol
He scored so many vital FA Cup goals for us that season 3-0 was our favourite score to miss out was so unlucky fo him - plus his replacement grabbed the hero title in the final a bit of a our hey that for him - he stated he knew his knee was crocked even after as did the Catt so just blanked him the following season to discuss an operation he knew he had to leave .....very sad for him he looked a great guy .....

Looks like Portsmouth to me. The fella on the left nipping the ball of Hickson is Pompey legend Jimmy Dickinson I think. Played a gazillion games for his one and only club.
I'll ask again.
Why were both teams seemingly in their first choice kit?
Did we have a dark away kit other than blue because it's not at Goodison unless Pompey weren't playing in blue in the mid fifties.
I'm off to check on their colours.

He scored so many vital FA Cup goals for us that season 3-0 was our favourite score to miss out was so unlucky fo him - plus his replacement grabbed the hero title in the final a bit of a our hey that for him - he stated he knew his knee was crocked even after as did the Catt so just blanked him the following season to discuss an operation he knew he had to leave .....very sad for him he looked a great guy .....

The reported bellowing expletives exchanged before the final when him and Sandy were dealt the short straws tells you how bad he felt. Catt could be cruel but he would say for all the right reasons. Pick was destined to be a great without the medals on his sideboard that his play warranted.

I'll ask again.
Why were both teams seemingly in their first choice kit?
Did we have a dark away kit other than blue because it's not at Goodison unless Pompey weren't playing in blue in the mid fifties.
I'm off to check on their colours.

It's a fair point. Pompey were blue. Everton must be in another colour cause they are away obviously. That is if it's Portsmouth lol

It's a fair point. Pompey were blue. Everton must be in another colour cause they are away obviously. That is if it's Portsmouth lol
Requires the skills of a Columbo to get to the bottom of this.
I'm almost certain its Pompey I thought that first off. But if Dave was in an Everton shirt one of those clubs would have to change strip. So it hurts me to remind myself that he played for the Rats and I'm thinking that pic is when God played for them this in a red shirt so no colour clash

What do you reckon @Joey66

Requires the skills of a Columbo to get to the bottom of this.
I'm almost certain its Pompey I thought that first off. But if Dave was in an Everton shirt one of those clubs would have to change strip. So it hurts me to remind myself that he played for the Rats and I'm thinking that pic is when God played for them this in a red shirt so no colour clash

What do you reckon @Joey66
Very possible on the wrong captions I have experienced my late father was on of the thousands of Blues who wet to see his debut at the pit ....which Dave bagged a brace that night - the red fans were fuming over all the blue scarfs in the crowd - so yes unfortunately he was playing for that lot - he played for Tranmere too later on so that's all three Merseyside teams he played for .....I think there's another player who did the same feat ?

The reported bellowing expletives exchanged before the final when him and Sandy were dealt the short straws tells you how bad he felt. Catt could be cruel but he would say for all the right reasons. Pick was destined to be a great without the medals on his sideboard that his play warranted.
That knee injury would be nothing now up back & running in 6 months .....my older brother whose cup final tickets I posted stated he had everything as a no 9 ......