Old Everton Pictures

In a hotly disputed brutal game the blues got knocked out by West Ham away, this is where the blues fans got a bad name of hooligans, notice the beer bottles on the pitch - the ref was not to our fans liking -
View attachment 97325
Think I talked about this a while ago. Picked up a book in my hols. Bobby Moore biography. He mentions a home fa cup game with Everton at Upton park about 1964. Says the game was held up when they scored a controversial goal and 3 everton fans got on the pitch and headed towards the ref. He said they were hauled down by the police just before they reached the ref who they were going to attack

Think I talked about this a while ago. Picked up a book in my hols. Bobby Moore biography. He mentions a home fa cup game with Everton at Upton park about 1964. Says the game was held up when they scored a controversial goal and 3 everton fans got on the pitch and headed towards the ref. He said they were hauled down by the police just before they reached the ref who they were going to attack
Yes evidently he committed a nail on pen on the GV - I'm not sure but was the ref Jack Taylor the FA CUP 1966 ref who denied us a nailed on pen the first half ........who favoured West Ham that day ......

Yes evidently he committed a nail on pen on the GV - I'm not sure but was the ref Jack Taylor the FA CUP 1966 ref who denied us a nailed on pen the first half ........who favoured West Ham that day ......
Can't remember read it a few years ago. Wasn't he the ref in the WC final Germany Holland. Gave s pen in first few minutes. Definitely a home referee.
Them lads on that Upton park pitch trying to get the ref are probably all playing crown green bowling now!!

Can't remember read it a few years ago. Wasn't he the ref in the WC final Germany Holland. Gave s pen in first few minutes. Definitely a home referee.
Them lads on that Upton park pitch trying to get the ref are probably all playing crown green bowling now!!
I've just read Roy Vernons autobiography again it was either that game or another Jack Taylor went against us according to the GV........

I saw Bobby Moore play at Goodison v us you are really underestimating his ability there.... also Hurst and Peters were good on the night as I was there when we got beat ... West Ham were a funny side class one week mediocre the next ..... in those days -
Agree Joey they were one of the best West Ham teams ever.
Next couple of years they won the FA Cup followed by the European Cup Winners cup and as the Whu fans keep saying Moore Hurst and Peter's were all a force in the World Cup win in 66.That year 63 for the game v us.Think the rs knocked them out next round.

Original press photo - NewcastleUnited v Everton 10th Jan 1976, nufc ran out 5-0 winners at St James' Park with the old West Stand press box in view. Keeper Mick Mahoney flaps at a cross, 9 Bob Latchford gets in a header but it was cleared off the line, Pat Howard attends
View attachment 97360
Beat 5-0........have just got over that defeat.
I'm now trying to get over a 5-0 defeat by Liverpool in the early 1980s.
I'll be about 150 by the time I get over those few thumpings by the RS in recent years............only joking folks....I've mellowed.
Heavy defeats only linger for about five years nowadays..........Up The Toffees...