Old Everton Pictures

A young Labby cigarette card photo -
1597080664996.png

Dave Hickson is mobbed by young autograph hunters at Goodison Park in the 1950s (probably at a pre-season trial match on his return to EFC circa 1957) -
View attachment 97254
I mobbed him not at Goodison but Prenton Park.
My next contact with him was when I was detailed to mark him in a charity match.
I was in my early thirties with him in his mid fifties. Only one winner there, the old bugger turned me inside out in the 30 minutes he was on the park.
Total respect!

A cracker that Joey ;)
Obviously I already knew that this was the first match with numbered shirts. I never knew though that our numbers were in black and City's were white. Interesting.
Joey owns some nice pieces of football memorabilia. That letter has to be rare. Museum rare. Think we all know that numbers were used for the first time in Britian in that match. But to come up with that letter........great stuff.
I've seen the programme for that match go for between £400 to £1000. Depending on condition. I lost out on bidding for one a few years back.
But on the basis of what I think the programmes are worth........I reckon that that letter has to be worth a few bob. You won't see many. It has to be rare.
Sorry for rambling on folks.........But as a collector of all things Everton and football in general. I think that letter is a little gem........Up The Toffees....