Old Everton Pictures

A very young Geordie boy -
1593695439038.png

When we signed him it was the start of Harry's decline when he decided he was going to field a team of Newtons
The really great managers and clubs build again. We don't seem to do that.
Catterick was a beaten docket at the time. But systems should have been in place to build again. But we just did not do that.
The late 1980s/1990s was the same.at
And as for the two Newtons......I liked them. But they did play their better football for other clubs.

The really great managers and clubs build again. We don't seem to do that.
Catterick was a beaten docket at the time. But systems should have been in place to build again. But we just did not do that.
The late 1980s/1990s was the same.at
And as for the two Newtons......I liked them. But they did play their better football for other clubs.
Both had slowed down considerably before signing for us .......

Throwback image shows a gathering of former Everton players and managers, probably taken towards 2010. Who can name all the people present?
Here's my guess 22 in the photo got 13.....
LTR Back row - Gordon Lee ex manager - Duncan Mackenzie -Ronnie Goodlass - George Telfer - - - Mark Higgins John Bailey?Joe Royle Martin Dobson - Derek Temple
Front row - - - GV? - Billy Bingham Tony Kay -Howard Kendall - 13 only help anyone @Eggs
View attachment 92830

That's Hursty back row far right. In front of him, not 100%, I believe that is the one and only Fred Pickering :)