Old Everton Pictures

262cb8b17bad33e474f819fba89577b1.jpg
I bet Big Nev hated wearing that ridiculous kit

1967 -Everton equalise at home - name the scorer please
everton%20away%201967%20to%2068%20hunt%20everton%20goal.jpg
Is it Ernie Hunt ?
Hated that donkey kick trick goal he scored with Willie Carr v us at Coventry. It was shown all the time on the tv sports shows when I was at school. It wouldnt be allowed now.
It wasn't really allowed then, after it happened The FA banned it.
The 'reason' was; when Willie Carr put his heels either side of the ball to flick it up the FA, in their wisdom, stated; it is impossible for a player to simultaneously put 2 heels on the ball at the same time, thus he touched the ball twice while taking a free kick.
Typically for us like that it still stood against us ! I read somewhere that it was even more flukey because Dave Clements (later with us) was supposed to take the shot but hesitated so Hunt lashed at it.
Seem to remember that clips from that game, including the goal, appeared in 'The Golden Vision'. Bally missed a penalty and City claimed Hunt was offside - he wasn't, left-back played him on.

....BBC reporting the death of Ernie Hunt aged 75. Sad news.

I noticed when we played Wolves away in the FA Cup a young Ernie was playing for them in our 1-1 draw away where Westy was MOTM?
Massively so Joey.
The game was on MOTD so we all saw Westy perform heroics, possibly even playing his best ever game for us.
At the replay I prayed that we would play towards the Street End first half which would have meant Gordon having to jog the length of the pitch to the Park End for the kick off.
My wish was granted and from the second he began his trot to the other end, the crowd cheered him every inch of the way. Brilliant.

I noticed when we played Wolves away in the FA Cup a young Ernie was playing for them in our 1-1 draw away where Westy was MOTM?
Another one of Harry's...I'll buy him because he had a good game against us.
Seemed to me his biggest problem was he never had his own spec in the team...he wasn't quite whoever he was replacing at the time, Royle, Young, Kendall etc
Not his fault
Transfers; Sometimes they work out - sometimes they don't...this one didn't

Another one of Harry's...I'll buy him because he had a good game against us.
Seemed to me his biggest problem was he never had his own spec in the team...he wasn't quite whoever he was replacing at the time, Royle, Young, Kendall etc
Not his fault
Transfers; Sometimes they work out - sometimes they don't...this one didn't
I vaguely remember the Glawdys street chant Ernie, Ernie Ernie chanted slowly it only lasted 12 games , and he was gone he did ok at Coventry City £80,000 was another bad buy worse was to follow from the Catt when he broke the championship winning team up far too early.....

I vaguely remember the Glawdys street chant Ernie, Ernie Ernie chanted slowly it only lasted 12 games , and he was gone he did ok at Coventry City £80,000 was another bad buy worse was to follow from the Catt when he broke the championship winning team up far too early.....
Add to Hunt, Henry Newton and Bernie Wright to name a few