Old EFC Song Help off EFC C.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt28

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Does anyone remember a song that I think was on the No Other Team CD that was released in 2002? Might have been a B Side to it or I might be completely off track, anyway the starting lyrics were:

"There's a team that we support we have done all our lives, Everton's the Pride of Merseyside.
Young or Old, Rich or Poor, Children, Men and Wives, Everton's the Pride of Merseyside"

If anyone could upload this or even remember the name of the song please!

Cheers.

Was it the "O Come all ye faithful" that was rewritten in an Everton version? As that was the other song on that album.

Does anyone remember a song that I think was on the No Other Team CD that was released in 2002? Might have been a B Side to it or I might be completely off track, anyway the starting lyrics were:

"There's a team that we support we have done all our lives, Everton's the Pride of Merseyside.
Young or Old, Rich or Poor, Children, Men and Wives, Everton's the Pride of Merseyside"

If anyone could upload this or even remember the name of the song please!

Cheers.
This it ?
http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/everton-chants/pride-of-merseyside/

This is copied off Bluekipper shanties page it's your song but doesn't have the lyrics you mentioned?:

As part of Everton's 100th season in the top flight celebrations, the club have launched a single. No Other Team / The Everton AnthemNo Other Team

St. Domingo's FC, was what we use to be, Our first match, eighteem seventy-nine. Yeah we won that game, and though we change our name, Our skills not diminished with time.No, no other team, Have for one hundred years reigned supreme, We're the first in the game, to have that claim to fame, No, there really is no other team.

Stanley Park was the ground, Where the birthplace is found, Priory Road where we first made our mark, Then to old Mere Green Field, Where our future was sealed, 'Cos today it's called Goodison Park.

No, no other team have for one hundred years reigned supreme, We're the first club you see, to make one centrury, And there really is no other team.

In five FA Cups we have triumphed. Nine times League Championships won, The Blue and White Army are on the march, Come on now you Everton.

No, no other team Has legends like Lawton and Dean, Harvey, Kendall and Ball, Alex Young and, yes all, Of the greats that have come in between, There really is no other team.

Edit: sorry misread your post, it's not the no other team song you're after is it.

Am I right in thinking this in a really old style and quite crappy quality? Sounds very familiar... thanks! I have the earworm too now!

I'm pretty sure it was on an Everton cd around 2001/2002 so I thought it must be on the No Other Team CD but it isn't Come on Ye Faithful!
From what I remember it's the same singer as on the No Other Team song.

Billy Maher of Radio Merseyside late Saturday night fame wrote and sung this.

It was played at Goodison a few times earlier in the 01/02 season, pre-Moyes.

Billy Maher of Radio Merseyside late Saturday night fame wrote and sung this.

It was played at Goodison a few times earlier in the 01/02 season, pre-Moyes.

Do you know the name of this mate or where I could find a link?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.