Now we are safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Player Valuation: £5m
With Southampton failing to win tonight, we are officially safe (yes I know, we probably were weeks ago!). So for the last 4 games, who would you like to see play and in which formation?

I'd like to see 4-4-2 (dinosaur I know)

Pickford

Coleman Keane Funes Mori Baines

Walcott Klaassen Gana Vlasic

Rooney Tosun

- Would like to see Klaassen and Vlasic given a chance
- Would like to see Rooney as a second striker
- Would like to see our full backs and wide men with less space between them. This has been one of our problems all season with 4-3-3.

Im aware as to how much money we get per league placing, but, if I was a forward thinking manager of the club and not somebody desperate to hang onto the job for dear life like our current manager, I would be certainly be giving as many minutes to fringe players such as Klaassen and the yoots such as Kenny, Vlassic, DCL, TomTom, Holgate and of course players like Tosun who needs the minutes.

We know what Wayne Rooney can do.

With Southampton failing to win tonight, we are officially safe

I know you were saying officially, but it was ridiculous about a month ago when some were claiming 40 points minimum was going to be needed to stay up. Stoke and Southampton have been pathetic all season and it was quite obvious about 2/3 months ago they would both struggle to get even 35.

Regarding the actual purpose of the thread, he should give players who haven't had a chance for a while even if it means rotating them so we still have a chance of finishing above Leicester. For example, rotating Vlasic and Klassen by giving them 45 mins each instead of wasting time with Bolasie. Give Mori and Holgate a half each.

This man is still, sadly, our manager.

00AAB3B71000044C-4095754-Allardyce_took_Bolton_to_the_2004_League_Cup_final_pictured_prio-m-2_1483733332211.jpg

Im aware as to how much money we get per league placing, but, if I was a forward thinking manager of the club and not somebody desperate to hang onto the job for dear life like our current manager, I would be certainly be giving as many minutes to fringe players such as Klaassen and the yoots such as Kenny, Vlassic, DCL, TomTom, Holgate and of course players like Tosun who needs the minutes.

Hard to give Kenny minutes during the remaining games, with him being out for so long I think Coleman needs as much competitive game time as possible ahead of next season.

Hard to give Kenny minutes during the remaining games, with him being out for so long I think Coleman needs as much competitive game time as possible ahead of next season.

I disagree, we also know what Coleman can do, Kenny for, well the jury is still out, we need to know, Seamus will be sound after a proper preseason.

Funny thing really after reading your post and nothing really particular about it but it made me think this ....

I think if he was safe he would play the kids to see what we have. However he keeps saying it’s on him like every spot, every point matters. I think he knows he’s out and trying to pad some stats in order to make a bone head argument to stay.

I don’t think anyone has said “don’t worry Sam “

I think it’s all quiet and he knows.

Just a hunch but I could be wrong.

Ffs if they have said something to him and he still wants to play the vets, well that’s enough for me. Sack em

With Southampton failing to win tonight, we are officially safe (yes I know, we probably were weeks ago!). So for the last 4 games, who would you like to see play and in which formation?

I'd like to see 4-4-2 (dinosaur I know)

Pickford

Coleman Keane Funes Mori Baines

Walcott Klaassen Gana Vlasic

Rooney Tosun

- Would like to see Klaassen and Vlasic given a chance
- Would like to see Rooney as a second striker
- Would like to see our full backs and wide men with less space between them. This has been one of our problems all season with 4-3-3.

Almost the same
Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Baines
Bolasie Klaassen Gana Vlasic
Walcott
Tosun

Very good point mate.

Any manager who was planning for next season would use his time to put the fridge players into the team to give them a chance to stake a claim for pre season. So allardyce using the same team in the same tactics would suggest that he only cares about the next 4 games and therefore doesn't expect to be there for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.