(Not so) instant Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

daza_1973

Player Valuation: £60m
Sunday morning - after Evertons biggest day for 14 years and after the inital knee jerk reactions to yesterdays result one of the more worrying debates on this forum is the sky four/glass ceiling scenario.
Have we come as far as we can - are we just kidding ourselves that the obvious mangerial accumen of moyes can take us further without mega-bucks investment?
Go back to 1998/1999 fa cup finals newcastle (throwing their newly found weight around in the formative years of the sky four monopoly), but unfortunately for them they were soundly beaten in two consecutive finals by Arsenal and Man U.
The events of which I shamefully took great pleasure in as newcastle are not my favourite team, but I'll get to the point - yesterdays performance terrified me as we did the perfect impression of newcastle 98/99 - a team on the boundary of winning something / making the next step etc...etc. Okay I know they finished 3rd in 2004, but in my mind the barrier they hit in those cup finals brought about a steady decline in the club and look where they are now.
I just pray the glass ceiling we hit yesterday does not have the same effect on our beloved club.
So come B.K etc - we need money from somewhere more than ever now lets strike while the irons hot (well sort of) and smash the barrier before we become the most predictable league in the world (appart from scotland that is)

P.S And if I make a my name is Earl type apology to newcastle for wanting so badly for them to lose in 1998/99, maybe next year will be our year;)

COYBB !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.