Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there's plenty of other clubs he could have gone to where he could have earned a lot more money.

Is there?

No other prem player earns what he does, no country outside europe pays what he's on, no player in spain or germany or france or Italy is on what he's on.

Etoo in russia is the only player in the world on higher wages. (Ibrahimovic is technically but not really because of the tax rates.)

So given no other player in the world (Gotze, Schweinsteiger, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Toure, Bale, Mata etc) is being paid his wages by another club, who do you think would pay that to Rooney?

Is there?

No other prem player earns what he does, no country outside europe pays what he's on, no player in spain or germany or france or Italy is on what he's on.

Etoo in russia is the only player in the world on higher wages. (Ibrahimovic is technically but not really because of the tax rates.)

So given no other player in the world (Gotze, Schweinsteiger, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Toure, Bale, Mata etc) is being paid his wages by another club, who do you think would pay that to Rooney?

Anzhi would happily have paid him more money to play for them. The reason there aren't players on more money is precisely because most world class players aren't just interested in their wages. If they were there'd be a lot more players going to Russia.

I only need one club to prove that he doesn't just care about wages.

Maybe quality of life comes into it, and other non footballing issues? Still doesn't change the fact he was after the best deal for him personally. Not sure how good the quality of life is in Manchester like.

I think he likes his money, if he didn't, he would have gone to another team competeing at the top end of europe when he threatened to. But nobody competing at the top end would pay him what Man U would.

But, Man U aren't a club he supports, it's possible that the sentiment of everton does mean something to him.

When it comes to Wayne, I always wonder what I'd be like in his situation. From my humble abode on this PC right now, I'd kill to play for Everton, any pay would be an absolute bonus. But once you get there, you start wanting a bit more, people want more from you, I think it builds up until the romanticism is lost, I hope that hasn't happened to Rooney, but it's understandable.

He still supports Everton. He's not shy about saying it or dressing his kids in replikits either. Surely if he only cared about money he'd keep his mouth shut and keep his kids in red shirts so as not to upset the people giving him millions of pounds.

I'm sure he loves being fabulously wealthy as we all would but I still think it'd mean more to him to win one FA cup with us now then it would to win the title at Man Utd for the next two seasons. I think he'd happily be slightly less fabulously wealthy to do so too!

But of course only one person knows for sure.

He still supports Everton. He's not shy about saying it or dressing his kids in replikits either. Surely if he only cared about money he'd keep his mouth shut and keep his kids in red shirts so as not to upset the people giving him millions of pounds.I'm sure he loves being fabulously wealthy as we all would but I still think it'd mean more to him to win one FA cup with us now then it would to win the title at Man Utd for the next two seasons. I think he'd happily be slightly less fabulously wealthy to do so too!

But of course only one person knows for sure.

Why? He's already being paid by them, I don't think they can tear up the contract if they see Kai in some magazine wearing an Everton shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.