Norwich Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thuck ma Baws

Player Valuation: £8m
For those going down I've just gone through the headache of sorting trains. The train from Lime Street takes a ridiculously long time and is about £100. I've just got tickets from Lime Street to London then London to Norwich. It's quicker and cheaper so well worth looking in to before you book your tickets.

The train to Norwich takes 5 hours but going down to London then to Norwich takes about the same amount and is more complicated. Worth it ?

It's 2 hours and 10 minutes to London from Lime Street and another 2 hours and 30 minutes from there to Norwich. Overall i don't think you'll save any time at all :huh:

Also you can get a return from Liverpool to Norwich for £78 provided you get the correct train. (5:30pm from Norwich station, a short walk from the ground so you'd easily make it in time)

Last edited:
The train to Norwich takes 5 hours but going down to London then to Norwich takes about the same amount and is more complicated. Worth it ?

It's 2 hours and 10 minutes to London from Lime Street and another 2 hours and 30 minutes from there to Norwich. Overall i don't think you'll save any time at all :huh:

Also you can get a return from Liverpool to Norwich for £78 provided you get the correct train. (5:30pm from Norwich station, a short walk from the ground so you'd easily make it in time)

I've been on that Norwich train from Liverpool before and it stops at every hole in the hedge on the way down. You might be right in the times not being too much different but I've definitely saved a lot on the price. I've got a £38 return to London and a £16 return from London to Norwich.

Someone send me a link to any cheap trains?
Don't mean to be cheeky

I've been on that Norwich train from Liverpool before and it stops at every hole in the hedge on the way down. You might be right in the times not being too much different but I've definitely saved a lot on the price. I've got a £38 return to London and a £16 return from London to Norwich.

Wow, that's cheap !

Any chance you could send me the links or details about those prices mate ? Might go if I can get them for that price !

Wow, that's cheap !

Any chance you could send me the links or details about those prices mate ? Might go if I can get them for that price !

Not sure how to do links but it's the Saturday travelcard for Liverpool to London, which includes underground so it gets you to Liverpool Street for the train to Norwich. Just had a look and the cheapest return to Norwich from Liverpool Street is now £28 but it's still cheaper than the Liverpool to Norwich train. 2hours 15 mins to London and then 1 hour 50 to Norwich. Did it all on Trainline.

Status
Not open for further replies.