Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti: "We had good opportunities to close the game out on the counter but we were in good shape.
What we needed from this game was three points, the three points arrived and now we can dream to climb up the table. The players satisfied me a lot.

Ancelotti: "I am pleased and happy. It was not easy to prepare for this game. We did not have the energy we had against Liverpool

Ancelotti: We need to have a goal to add motivation. It would be a fantastic achievement if we are able to reach Europe

Ancelotti: They are tired now. The physical condition is really good. In these two games we didn't have any injured players

Was that Leighton Baines’ farewell appearance today
No, I think the situation of Leighton is clear. Everyone wants Leighton to stay another season.
We are waiting for his answer and I hope he will say yes.

Martina and Niasse
Carlo Ancelotti expects Everton to make an announcement on the future of Cuco Martina and Oumar Niasse tomorrow.

-------------------------------------

Norwich City manager Daniel Farke: "I can't accuse the lads at all today. After a 3-0 loss you're looking to be solid and defensive and that's what we were during the whole game. We were the better side in the first half and made the better chances.

I can just praise the workload, the togetherness. In terms of attitude, we showed today organisation and I can just give compliments. Everton work many crosses and it was important today for the players on the wings to be competitive. We had good situations.

"The feeling [of the empty stadiums] is still a bit surreal. I got the feeling we were able to create a good spirit in the team today. We don't give up, for sure, we have seven games and have a chance.

It's not unrealistic for us to win the FA Cup or stay in the league. When you wear this yellow shirt you have responsibility and big pride. As long as there is a chance, we won't give up

Given the heat and them having more time to recuperate than us I can't argue with the performance too much.

It wasn't great but we probably should've won more comfortably.

The defence looks pretty solid, Iwobi actually played well for the first time since his early performances. Calvert-Lewin is vastly improved since the turn of the year, though his finishing definitely still needs work. I also thought Bernard played quite well.

Our passing as a whole needs to be better and hopefully the next transfer window brings some added quality to the midfield. I'm convinced we're on the up and up under Ancelotti.

Totally different performance from Iwobi ( who was dreadful on sunday )
Back four looked never in danger.
Think the rest struggled with a quick turnaround in games plus the heat.
Tom Davies was shocking.

So credit where its due Iwobi MOM.

.....had to go for Keane, although we improved significantly for Sigurdsson’s introduction.

I’m even more convinced Iwobi can be more effective in central midfield positions. He can run effectively with the ball and I really think he can pick a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.