2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take exception with that last bit honestly. How many times did we have Phil fn Neville shoehorned in to the team to the detriment of it? Sometimes managers and coaches have favorites.

Of course they do.

But what we think makes no difference. And there’s literally nothing to say Walcott is a favourite. The management team might just think he’s better.

If you have a problem with that then that’s an issue with the management.

Pfft. We know much more than people who spend their entire day watching these blokes train.
I’ve seen enough sports to know that coaches get it wrong all the time. Not saying Silva is in the wrong here, but I don’t buy this argument. Sometimes players just rub coaches the wrong way so they opt for ones of lesser caliber. Silva looks like someone with bit of a petty streak to be honest.

Pfft. We know much more than people who spend their entire day watching these blokes train.
The recent international poll reveals GOT to be the world's best forum, and I have no doubt that the cerebral quality in here is something quite special. A lot of the lads eat,sleep, breathe togger...so I would have to agree with you that GOT members probably do know more about the squad than people who get too close to them (like the coaching staff).
The old aphorism about not seeing forests for the trees, springs to mind.
Me?...I don't know as much so am very reliant on people like @Zatara and @billy bluestar for my 'intel'

I’ve seen enough sports to know that coaches get it wrong all the time. Not saying Silva is in the wrong here, but I don’t buy this argument. Sometimes players just rub coaches the wrong way so they opt for ones of lesser caliber. Silva looks like someone with bit of a petty streak to be honest.

Coaches being wrong doesn't mean that we're right though, does it? :) Doctors make mistakes all the time but I'd still trust them with my operation more than I would Doris next door.

Stand in the corner and repent your sins.

The recent international poll reveals GOT to be the world's best forum, and I have no doubt that the cerebral quality in here is something quite special. A lot of the lads eat,sleep, breathe togger...so I would have to agree with you that GOT members probably do know more about the squad than people who get too close to them (like the coaching staff).
The old aphorism about not seeing forests for the trees, springs to mind.
Me?...I don't know as much so am very reliant on people like @Zatara and @billy bluestar for my 'intel'

giphy.gif

Didn't Silva say he wanted to play a lot and he couldn't guarantee it so he went on loan. That's all there is to it! There seems to be a lot of vitriol towards loan players for some reason

That's what I thought. I watched him against Madrid and he played in a 2-man centre midfield with 4 players in front of him.
I've watched a couple of the links posted and he was definitely higher up. How'd he look against Madrid? I don't see him being athletic and positionally savvy enough to play as a CM, but can't say I've seen him there a lot.

I've watched a couple of the links posted and he was definitely higher up. How'd he look against Madrid? I don't see him being athletic and positionally savvy enough to play as a CM, but can't say I've seen him there a lot.

He seems to move quicker with the ball than he does normal running, quite like Davies in that regard, both of whom are probably better in a flat midfield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.