Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnitemike

Player Valuation: £1m
Anyone else disappointed with the quality of the gear Nike are churning out? I bought the rain jacket (http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/product_details.aspx?pid=113003) from Everton online and it arrived today. The jacket itself is decent quality but the printing of the Everton badge and Chang on the back is really cheap looking. Its obviously a jacket they knock out for every team they are involved with and just iron on rubbish looking transfers like you'd get down the local market. Added to that the large size is huge compared to any top/jacket I've ever bought before. Not impressed for £55 inc postage. Sure we may get more exposure/distribution with Nike but if the gear looks shoddy compared to what we had with Le Coq will anyone buy it?

Interesting.

The kits are boss. What are they like to wear? Decent material?

I probably wouldn't wear any of the sporty other stuff to be fair.

Aye as I say the jacket itself (apart from being too big) is decent quality its just the quality of transfers make it look really cheap.

Interesting.

The kits are boss. What are they like to wear? Decent material?

I probably wouldn't wear any of the sporty other stuff to be fair.

The shirts, I think, are the most comfortable ones so far. The material is light and it keeps you cool and warm at the same time (sounds weird but it does)

It's the same sort of material as a running shirt.

The other stuff does look a bit crap though.

In the Adidas Mill today there were some r/s/ shirts, I think from last year (black with silver) and they were in like a shortened suit bag. The bird in there said they are the player issue ones, and nothing whatsoever like the 'shop' ones, despite having a sticker saying that they are the same fabric etc. said the fit is different and everything, she said that it's like that whoever the manufacturer.
£40 they were, she said probably £200 ish the normal price if you can get them (i.e. the player ones).

Like I've pointed out before though, Nikes templates are available for anyone in their Teamwear Range and they are £13 from sportsdirect.

Anyone else disappointed with the quality of the gear Nike are churning out? I bought the rain jacket (http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/product_details.aspx?pid=113003) from Everton online and it arrived today. The jacket itself is decent quality but the printing of the Everton badge and Chang on the back is really cheap looking. Its obviously a jacket they knock out for every team they are involved with and just iron on rubbish looking transfers like you'd get down the local market. Added to that the large size is huge compared to any top/jacket I've ever bought before. Not impressed for £55 inc postage. Sure we may get more exposure/distribution with Nike but if the gear looks shoddy compared to what we had with Le Coq will anyone buy it?

The sizing is one thing and you can surely send it back but I dont agree Le Coq was better, Le Coq didn't even give us proper hoodies and the stuff thy did do was cheap and tacky that no one would be seen dead in, which is why the Sergio Tacchini gear was so popular. I recently bought this:
296cew4.jpg

Really like it, you can't knock the design and they've done loads of other stuff with this badge. Some of it is sold out in some sizes so that proves how popular it is

The sizing is one thing and you can surely send it back but I dont agree Le Coq was better, Le Coq didn't even give us proper hoodies and the stuff thy did do was cheap and tacky that no one would be seen dead in, which is why the Sergio Tacchini gear was so popular. I recently bought this:
296cew4.jpg

Really like it, you can't knock the design and they've done loads of other stuff with this badge. Some of it is sold out in some sizes so that proves how popular it is

Every time i see that badge i just think how much better it would be if that was actually our badge all the time.

Every time i see that badge i just think how much better it would be if that was actually our badge all the time.

agree lad. quality badge.

somene said our gear has already showed up in the nike clearance shop in cheshire oaks, i couldnt find any last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.