Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so you're complaining we don't have a 100% success rate with very minor transfers? I see, happy Friday to you.
Not really , my point is that the strike or success rate we have in converting these speculative signings into first teamrs is very low. Forgot we paid money for Garbutt and Galloway too.

All three of your examples spent plenty of time in the u23's after signing, while doing some training with the first team. I imagine, as stated by the reporters, this lad will take the same route of bedding in with the u23's, training with the first team for a bit and then if hes ready he'll step up.

All three of them had played a decent number of games for the first team within 12 months of signing. DCL had 11 games in his first season, Stones was on the bench a few times after signing in January, with his debut coming in August (he played 21 times that season in the league), Holgate was the slowest, with a year in the reserves before playing 18 times in his debut season.

So the longest time was a year. If this bloke doesn't play for us next season then the omens don't look good.

All three of them had played a decent number of games for the first team within 12 months of signing. DCL had 11 games in his first season, Stones was on the bench a few times after signing in January, with his debut coming in August (he played 21 times that season in the league), Holgate was the slowest, with a year in the reserves before playing 18 times in his debut season.

So the longest time was a year. If this bloke doesn't play for us next season then the omens don't look good.

Oh I agree if he jumpsinto the u23's and isn't seen for a while, odds are we wont see him. It sounds like he's going to be in the u23's just for a short time to help him settle maybe.

Holgate's path is an odd one as most, with myself included would have seen him sold a year or two ago. His resurgance this year has been superb.

Players don’t get signed for the under 23s, what would be the point in that?
They definitely do. People massively misunderstand how youth football works. Most teams want to put out a competitive team every week in the under 23s, but they also want players calling up to the senior squad and to go out on loan. With that in mind, clubs will regularly bring in squad fillers who can do a good job in junior football but they don't have massively high hopes for. The likes of Boris Mathis were absolutely not bought because we thought they were the next Dixie Dean. Of course they hope everyone can be a first teamer, but the coaches are fully aware that 90% of the lads in their team will never play a PL game, it's only fans who think it's a conveyor belt.

Excited to see what he brings, huge for a LB has that Benjamin Mendy build.

I imagine we can pick up a few of these, PSG have had a few leave.

Bayern have signed one but the other I can’t spell his name is very highly thought of.

They definitely do. People massively misunderstand how youth football works. Most teams want to put out a competitive team every week in the under 23s, but they also want players calling up to the senior squad and to go out on loan. With that in mind, clubs will regularly bring in squad fillers who can do a good job in junior football but they don't have massively high hopes for. The likes of Boris Mathis were absolutely not bought because we thought they were the next Dixie Dean. Of course they hope everyone can be a first teamer, but the coaches are full aware that 90% of the lads in their team will play a PL game, it's only fans who think it's a conveyor belt.

90% of the under 23s team is made up of academy players though. We could have an entire under 23 squad of players from the academy. If we’re actually bringing players into the club at the age of 18+, of course it’s done with the intention of them playing for the first team.

Boris Mathis was brought in because our scouts saw potential in him that he might develop into a first team player, same as Bowler, same as Virginia, same as Markelo. I’m not having that any of these players were briefed upon signing for the club “by the way lads you’re just here to fill out the reserves for 3 years, enjoy your productive time at the club”.

They definitely do. People massively misunderstand how youth football works. Most teams want to put out a competitive team every week in the under 23s, but they also want players calling up to the senior squad and to go out on loan. With that in mind, clubs will regularly bring in squad fillers who can do a good job in junior football but they don't have massively high hopes for. The likes of Boris Mathis were absolutely not bought because we thought they were the next Dixie Dean. Of course they hope everyone can be a first teamer, but the coaches are fully aware that 90% of the lads in their team will never play a PL game, it's only fans who think it's a conveyor belt.

Agreed. The percentage of players from an academy at any club who go on to make it at the top level is very low.

Really don't get people getting in their knickers in a twist or having a go at Unsworth because more havent made it for us

Oh I agree if he jumpsinto the u23's and isn't seen for a while, odds are we wont see him. It sounds like he's going to be in the u23's just for a short time to help him settle maybe.

Holgate's path is an odd one as most, with myself included would have seen him sold a year or two ago. His resurgance this year has been superb.

Hopefully he'll make the grade with us.

Agreed. The percentage of players from an academy at any club who go on to make it at the top level is very low.

Really don't get people getting in their knickers in a twist or having a go at Unsworth because more havent made it for us

We’ve had one academy player play regularly for the first team since 2011. Unsworth is not doing his job, that’s not getting my knickers in a twist, that’s just stating a fact.

We’ve had one academy player play regularly for the first team since 2011. Unsworth is not doing his job, that’s not getting my knickers in a twist, that’s just stating a fact.

But at their level that u23 team is one of the best arent they?

This is what confuses me.

And if you look across the premier league i dont think you will see an awful lot of academy players playing regularly for the first team

But at their level that u23 team is one of the best arent they?

This is what confuses me.

And if you look across the premier league i dont think you will see an awful lot of academy players playing regularly for the first team

So? The fact is they’re not good enough to play actual grown up football. Do you not think there’s something a bit odd about the way our academy players absolutely beast it right through the age groups up until the under 23 level, and then suddenly they stop developing? Do you not think that’s something worth looking into?

So? The fact is they’re not good enough to play actual grown up football. Do you not think there’s something a bit odd about the way our academy players absolutely beast it right through the age groups up until the under 23 level, and then suddenly they stop developing? Do you not think that’s something worth looking into?

But this is my point....there's a massive massive difference between u23 football and adult football at any club.

The majority of players playing week in week out for u23 sides in this country will never play a premier league game.

It's not a problem thats unique to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.