Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branthwaite?

I think he was £750-850k.

Cant think who @Bruce Wayne meant other than Gibson.

I actually really like deals that are £1mil down and the rest on appearances, massively limits our risk and saves going to a tribunal.

Hopefully we add more of these types on low upfront fees and frees like Niels.

I think he was £750-850k.

Cant think who @Bruce Wayne meant other than Gibson.

I actually really like deals that are £1mil down and the rest on appearances, massively limits our risk and saves going to a tribunal.

Hopefully we add more of these types on low upfront fees and frees like Niels.
Who of the " I actually really like deals that are £1mil down and the rest on appearances" has become a first team regular for us ?

So far it's just been money down the pan.I

DCL and Holgate
Think Holgate was £3 million , but I take your point.

Anyone remember the following youth signings ?

2010 Abdullayev
2012 Francisco Jnr
2012 Matthew Kennedy
2013 Jindrich Stanek
2014 Sam Byrne
2015 Leonardo Rodriguez , Shani Tarashaj , Bassoula sambou , Chris Renshaw , Matty Foulds
2016 Shane Lavery
2017 Josh Bowler , Dennis Adeniran , Lewis Gibson
2019 Jarrad Branthwaite.

2010 Abdullayev
2012 Francisco Jnr
2012 Matthew Kennedy
2013 Jindrich Stanek
2014 Sam Byrne
2015 Leonardo Rodriguez , Shani Tarashaj , Bassoula sambou , Chris Renshaw , Matty Foulds
2016 Shane Lavery
2019 Jarrad Branthwaite.

Ah so you're complaining we don't have a 100% success rate with very minor transfers? I see, happy Friday to you.

Who of the " I actually really like deals that are £1mil down and the rest on appearances" has become a first team regular for us ?

Ignoring similar deals of Holgate, Stones and DCL are you taking the £1mil fee literally :)

2010 Abdullayev
2012 Francisco Jnr
2012 Matthew Kennedy
2013 Jindrich Stanek
2014 Sam Byrne
2016 Shane Lavery
2019 Jarrad Branthwaite.
1 Holgate more than pays for that though.

Remember signing a few young players for reasonable money (one defender for about £5 million springs to mind), and they've been nowhere near the first team. As a pathway, it's rubbish. If they sign and go straight into the first team then they do well (Stones, Holgate, DCL), but an extended period with Unsworth ruins them.

All three of your examples spent plenty of time in the u23's after signing, while doing some training with the first team. I imagine, as stated by the reporters, this lad will take the same route of bedding in with the u23's, training with the first team for a bit and then if hes ready he'll step up.

I think thats kind of his point tho.

Structuring the deals like that means we lose less money if the player never makes a first team appearance

As opposed to paying the full fee straight up

Status
Not open for further replies.