Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero senior appearances and signed for the U23’s. I wouldn’t get too excited. I feel he’s a bit like a Mampala or a Markelo or Bowler who were seemingly just signed for the U23’s. I’m probably wrong like but that’s the feeling I get.

Zero senior appearances and signed for the U23’s. I wouldn’t get too excited. I feel he’s a bit like a Mampala or a Markelo or Bowler who were seemingly just signed for the U23’s. I’m probably wrong like but that’s the feeling I get.

Players don’t get signed for the under 23s, what would be the point in that?

Remember signing a few young players for reasonable money (one defender for about £5 million springs to mind), and they've been nowhere near the first team. As a pathway, it's rubbish. If they sign and go straight into the first team then they do well (Stones, Holgate, DCL), but an extended period with Unsworth ruins them.

Brands should be overruling Kenwright and bringing in his own youth coaches. It’s one of his key remits, sorting out the academy.

Remember signing a few young players for reasonable money (one defender for about £5 million springs to mind), and they've been nowhere near the first team. As a pathway, it's rubbish. If they sign and go straight into the first team then they do well (Stones, Holgate, DCL), but an extended period with Unsworth ruins them.

Which defender did we sign for £5mil in the u23s?

Any young lad who plays left back will at least get some boss mentoring while we still have Baines and Digne a fellow countryman which will (hopefully) help him settle in quickly. Welcome lad, I hope you have a long and wonderful career with the original and best Blues!

Any young lad who plays left back will at least get some boss mentoring while we still have Baines and Digne a fellow countryman which will (hopefully) help him settle in quickly. Welcome lad, I hope you have a long and wonderful career with the original and best Blues!

We've finally managed to offload the oldest "young talent" in the game who spent nearly a decade being "mentored" by Baines.

Can’t tell if your being sarcastic. But course they do.

No they don’t? Every single player we sign is bought with the intention of them eventually being good enough to play for the first team. If they end up stuck in the under 23s for 4 years it’s because they haven’t developed or just aren’t good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.