Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the party pal. Can hear that irate caller on 95.8 right now....

"...an' ah tell yer something. Dat 'En-conko', worrever yer call im, 'es not good enough, send him back."
(quiet hiss... because I'm a tramp who doesn't have DAB)
"Yes, but he only played 12 minutes, and to be fair we were already 2-0 up and coasting. There's no way he was at fault for Southampton's equaliser."
(quiet hiss... why is all my gear antwacky?!)
"YEAHBUHRONNIE, he's 19.... when Rooney was 19 he was winnin deh Champions League. Dis lad's no good"]
"OK Next caller...."

Welcome to the party pal. Can hear that irate caller on 95.8 right now....

"...an' ah tell yer something. Dat 'En-conko', worrever yer call im, 'es not good enough, send him back."
(quiet hiss... because I'm a tramp who doesn't have DAB)
"Yes, but he only played 12 minutes, and to be fair we were already 2-0 up and coasting. There's no way he was at fault for Southampton's equaliser."
(quiet hiss... why is all my gear antwacky?!)
"YEAHBUHRONNIE, he's 19.... when Rooney was 19 he was winnin deh Champions League. Dis lad's no good"]
"OK Next caller...."

Don't forget to include the caller 'Patrick' who they get on after every game who says we were brilliant in every game.

Don't forget to include the caller 'Patrick' who they get on after every game who says we were brilliant in every game.

Don't remember him being on last night. Although there was an old geezer from Birkenhead ('Geoff' I think) who said this squad was the "worst ever" (so, worse than 50/51, 93/94, 97/98 or 2000/01?) and that Everton are a stepping stone for the highly-decorated 60 year old Carlo Ancelotti onto "better things"....

Probably needs to lay off the bargain booze vodka and synthetic hash.

On topic though, I likes what I sees. Hopefully he'll be confident in time for the return of the Park end booboys.

We don't have a genuine left back in the u23s and Baines will probably last one more season so hopefully he starts in the u23s and if he is of sufficient quality will be the back up left back by the end of the season. I think its an excellent signing just hope hes good enough.

Can play all on the left side could be played infront of digne aswell was alot of teams after him liepzig to who have signed some good players from the french league. hopefully he turns out to be a good signing

We don't have a genuine left back in the u23s and Baines will probably last one more season so hopefully he starts in the u23s and if he is of sufficient quality will be the back up left back by the end of the season. I think its an excellent signing just hope hes good enough.

The graveyard of young talent. Not sure if we want him to progress he should be let anywhere near there tbh.

The graveyard of young talent. Not sure if we want him to progress he should be let anywhere near there tbh.

Calvert-Lewin did half a season so did Holgate it's just if they stay too long. There needs to be a plan if his path to first team is blocked needs to go out on loan. 1 year max at that level before they start going backwards.

Yeah that's always the worry when we sign these kids who are touted as the next big thing, I remember being excited about David Hennan lol

Remember signing a few young players for reasonable money (one defender for about £5 million springs to mind), and they've been nowhere near the first team. As a pathway, it's rubbish. If they sign and go straight into the first team then they do well (Stones, Holgate, DCL), but an extended period with Unsworth ruins them.

Remember signing a few young players for reasonable money (one defender for about £5 million springs to mind), and they've been nowhere near the first team. As a pathway, it's rubbish. If they sign and go straight into the first team then they do well (Stones, Holgate, DCL), but an extended period with Unsworth ruins them.

Lewis Gibson is still only 19 and was doing very well at Fleetwood pre lockdown.

Holgate also spent some time in the U23 before he got a few loans, the good 1s are generally loaned out, if they have the talent the pathway is there, as we are seeing with DCL, Holgate, Davies and Gordon.

This is another reason Europa is so vital to us as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.