Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Everton.

9AA1E347-4BC9-429D-8F71-4A400C26747E.jpeg

.....I like the look of him (quality and athleticism) and I like that Brands is aware of him.

Acquiring young talent is low risk and a strategy that has worked for us.
He looks quick and strong. Everton only sign dwarfs (Bernard)and weak childs like Sigurdsson. What happend?

I think the logical conclusion is one more year of Baines and then this lad is earmarked to step up and be the backup to Digne. Hopefully within 2 years he can be challenging for that spot.

Regardless these types of signings (assuming he's actually a decent prospect, I've genuinely never heard of him) are the low risk, highish reward ones that we should always be after.

Branthwaite is and was bought for the u23s, he's only in the first team squad because we're really short of centre backs and because of extra subs.

Would any of us say virginia is really first team?
I don't think so. Branthwaite seems to be ahead of the older Gibson when it at least comes to backup CBs and has only made 2 appearances for the U23's. He seems to be very involved with the first team.

Don't know about Virginia.

We needed a left back for when Baines finishes so could be a good move, not that i know how good he is.

I would guess the under 23 reference is to take pressure away from the lad, otherwise by the start of next season people on here would be expecting to be better than Digne and Baines in his prime.

I think that he will be training with the first team is significant.
We probably won't see him in the matchday squad for quite some time yet as he settles into the club and learns what is expected of him.
Having another French player in the same position may help him settle and learn.

I don't think so. Branthwaite seems to be ahead of the older Gibson when it at least comes to backup CBs and has only made 2 appearances for the U23's. He seems to be very involved with the first team.

Yeah, but i think the intention when we bought him was to go into the u23s rather than straight into the first team, it just happened like that

I doubt that Branthwaite is ahead of Gibson. Gibson is 20 later this month, has played many times for the U23s and has been doing well on his loan spell at Fleetwood in League 1 . Branthwaite has just turned 18 , has done really well since joining us in January and even allowing for our shortage of CBs for training he’s leapt ahead of Feeney , now gone, and the older Astley and Ouzounidis. But I believe if Gibson was here he’d be the one on the 1st team bench .

Status
Not open for further replies.